Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRS-T vs. Challengers
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=2623
2623, RS-T vs. Challengers
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey DSM family, i need your advice. I have a 96 eclipse rs, i have a stage 1 hahn race craft turbo, but it's not tuned yet. I've been challenged by a 2000 civic ex, he has the basic bolt on: exhaust, headers, cold air intake, TB, & cam gear. I have also been called out by a 67+ vw bug!, this guy dropped a dual carb engine in it of that year, now i only have the turbo and nothing else. Would I be able to take these two? i also have big problems with my take offs, i dont know what you guys mean by "slip the clutch or dump the clutch" any advice please would help!:7
2624, RE: RS-T vs. Challengers
Posted by tacoman123, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can def. take the Civic.

My mom has a 01 Civic, it is ok, but a 2GNT can beat it (even probably stock)..

But you said you have a turbo, and he has basic bolt ons.. SOO.. you will def. win, unless you do something stupid :-)..

I'm not sure about the VW. I am kinda doubting you would win, because light weight car + big engine = fast..

So.. there's my answer :-)...

~Tacoman
2625, RE: RS-T vs. Challengers
Posted by Breezio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you'll beat them both.. possibly even if you were stock. don't try to go for that 'awesome' launch.. just take it off the line at a decent rate with no wheel spin and let your HP win for you.

and teh VW beetle.. if all he's got is a twin carb upgrade and nothing else.. you should dust him. but if it's a hopped up dual carb 1800 motor or something, he could smoke ya.
2631, RE: RS-T vs. Challengers
Posted by EclipseRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm going to say tune your car and you'll beat both. I'm a stage oner (only for a couple more months) as well but I've also got a full 3" cat-back and am within tuning specs. I would be very confident pulling up to either of them. From my experience those cars aren't anywhere close to the level of a boosted 420A. Go after some Preludes or Tegs.
2928, RE: RS-T vs. Challengers
Posted by Nomosun, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
about the civic, my friend has a 2000 civic EX, and my car is bone stock performance wise adn automatic and i beat him, but 1-2 car lengths and his car was stick...all he had was exhaust and intake though so with more mods u would have to consult someone with more shit i mean civic knowledge
I generated this page in 0.0082879066467285 seconds, executing 7 queries.