Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1454
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hell yeah...took her to the track!" Previous topic | Next topic
StraussJul-12-02 03:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1454, "Hell yeah...took her to the track!"

Well guys, I delivered like I promissed. I took her to the track tonight for the first time turbo'd. I just got her broken in and I haven't put my 440's in yet so I was still runing low boost. I only got three runs in because it was soooo packed! Here they are...

Run 1 Run 2 Run 3

60' 2.402 2.301 2.215
1/8 mile 9.242 9.163 8.801
1/4 mile 14.054 14.141 13.528
1/4 mph 112.675 108.589 106.971

I made all those passes around 10.5psi of boost. I ran 94 octane pump gas with a bit of octane booster for extra measure. What I don't understand, is that even at those boost levels, I'm still a bit rich according to my A/F and EGT gauges. On the way to the track, Dave(DSBLK93GT) and I raced and at 150mph, my EGT's were at 1500. I'm confused how I'm getting these numbers with that much boost and stock injectors....maybe it's the lower comprssion(8.6:1). The first two passes were made with me not knowing that I had blew a plug off my intake manifold, fixed it and ran 13.5. What really blew me away was my top end....112mph!!! Damn, I'm very happy with my car now and I can't wait to see what it's gonna do with 16psi. It was also fairly cool out(high 60's), so that didn't hurt. I'll have Dave post the time slip as soon as I can have him scan it....I'm so pumped right now, I was just as suprised as you guys probably are!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, Twiste, Jul-12-02 04:17 PM, #1
RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, DSBLK93GT, Jul-13-02 01:00 AM, #2
      RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, Nitrous_RS1997, Jul-13-02 01:13 AM, #3
           RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, Nitrous_RS1997, Jul-13-02 01:14 AM, #4
                RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, Strauss, Jul-13-02 01:32 AM, #5
                     RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, DSBLK93GT, Jul-13-02 03:05 AM, #6
RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 03:31 AM, #7
RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, fatchance, Jul-13-02 03:50 AM, #8
      RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 04:02 AM, #9
           RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, fatchance, Jul-13-02 04:14 AM, #10
                RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 04:39 AM, #11
                     RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, DSBLK93GT, Jul-13-02 05:20 AM, #12
                          RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 06:29 AM, #13
                          RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, thisismygs, Jul-13-02 06:29 AM, #14
                               RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, Strauss, Jul-13-02 06:57 AM, #15
                                    RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 07:09 AM, #16
                                         RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, DSBLK93GT, Jul-13-02 08:12 AM, #17
                                              RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 08:44 AM, #18
                                                   RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, fatchance, Jul-13-02 09:36 AM, #19
                                                        RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 03:23 PM, #23
RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-13-02 10:37 AM, #20
RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, Dave_FL, Jul-13-02 12:53 PM, #21
      RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, DSBLK93GT, Jul-13-02 02:19 PM, #22
           RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, LS1Z28Chris, Jul-13-02 03:25 PM, #24
                RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!, optimuspeterson, Jul-13-02 04:01 PM, #25

TwisteJul-12-02 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1455, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 0

omg, that is so friggin awesome man...you got me wantin my turbo bad!!!

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSBLK93GTJul-13-02 01:00 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#1456, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 1

That be DAMN FAST!! Beat my ass on the way there damnit!! I was happy considering it was 1st time I've ever tore one of these cars completetly apart and back together. KICK ASS!! Go eat some LS1 ASS!!!

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

Nitrous_RS1997Jul-13-02 01:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#1457, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 2

Good god man!!!! that kicks ASS! and thats only at 10.5 psi of boost?!?! that thing is gonna be a MONSTER! hell, it already is! im so pumped for you, those are outstanding times. see what a damn good driver can do guys???

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

Nitrous_RS1997Jul-13-02 01:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#1458, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 3

also, were you on street tires or drag radials?

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

StraussJul-13-02 01:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#1459, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 4

Those times wer with the G-force drag radials on my 17's. That was my first time trying to launch the car turbo'd...I wasn't even planning on running it. Those tires hook up awesome on the street, but the track we run at just had a new launch pad put in this year so it's still slick as hell. I got wheel hop so bad my god damn wipers and blinkers turned on! Oh well, I'm still EXTREMELY happy with my times! Can't wait to go back!

DSBLK93GTJul-13-02 03:05 AM
784 posts,
#1460, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 5

Shit.can't wait till we throw the 440cc's in and 16psi!! WOW..I bet with slicks it would run 13.0 now...but maybe break an axle doing it!

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 03:31 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
866 posts,
#1461, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 0

>Well guys, I delivered like I promissed. I took her to the
>track tonight for the first time turbo'd. I just got her
>broken in and I haven't put my 440's in yet so I was still
>runing low boost. I only got three runs in because it was
>soooo packed! Here they are...
>
> Run 1 Run 2 Run 3
>
>60' 2.402 2.301 2.215
>1/8 mile 9.242 9.163 8.801
>1/4 mile 14.054 14.141 13.528
>1/4 mph 112.675 108.589 106.971
>
>I made all those passes around 10.5psi of boost. I ran 94
>octane pump gas with a bit of octane booster for extra
>measure. What I don't understand, is that even at those
>boost levels, I'm still a bit rich according to my A/F and
>EGT gauges. On the way to the track, Dave(DSBLK93GT) and I
>raced and at 150mph, my EGT's were at 1500. I'm confused how
>I'm getting these numbers with that much boost and stock
>injectors....maybe it's the lower comprssion(8.6:1). The
>first two passes were made with me not knowing that I had
>blew a plug off my intake manifold, fixed it and ran 13.5.
>What really blew me away was my top end....112mph!!! Damn,
>I'm very happy with my car now and I can't wait to see what
>it's gonna do with 16psi. It was also fairly cool out(high
>60's), so that didn't hurt. I'll have Dave post the time
>slip as soon as I can have him scan it....I'm so pumped
>right now, I was just as suprised as you guys probably are!

Dude, I want to see the full timeslip. Look at those trap speeds and that ET. With some traction you would see *AT LEAST* a 13.2, at least. With good weather and good traction, you'll probably dip into the 12s with that trap speed, no shit.

People who know me know that I am a cynic. Y'all will just think I'm saying this because I drive an LS1. I really don't care either way.

How much do you have invested in your car, not counting the cost of the vehicle itself? I don't want to take away from your achievement, which is one so great that it will garner respect from *any* domestic driver, but I am simply questioning the wisdom of your buddy Dave saying that a 2gnt can "easily" take an LS1. I want to know how "easy" it really is.

Chris

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
***Mod List*Dyno Chart*Timeslips***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/sig.htm

***Full Website***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***Full Website***

fatchanceJul-13-02 03:50 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
761 posts,
#1462, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 7

Not to be an asshole Chris, but the cost of the car matters. I dropped 4200 to buy my car, and if I spend 6 or 8k making it run 13's then it still comes out to less that a camaro Z28, and I pay non turbo I4 insurance

1995 RS
new engine, I think I'm just going to leave it stock now.

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 04:02 AM
866 posts,
#1463, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 8

>Not to be an asshole Chris, but the cost of the car matters.
> I dropped 4200 to buy my car, and if I spend 6 or 8k making
>it run 13's then it still comes out to less that a camaro
>Z28, and I pay non turbo I4 insurance

I know that if I were trying to build a car and make it fast as cheap as possible that is a factor. The thing is that a lot of these people finance their cars and make monthy payments. That or their parents pay for their car. I'm wondering how easy it would be for one of those people to build an LS1 killer.

You get what I am saying? If I wanted to build a really fast car as cheap as possible, I'd probably buy a 5.0 Mustang as my starting platform. A lot of these people already have the starting platform. What I want to know is how much it will cost from there.

Oh yeah, my insurance company asked if I had modified the car in any way when we filed to get the insurance. If they find out that a car they thought had only like 150 horsepower actually had 400 and you got into a wreck that was your fault, they could try to deny your claim, especially if they find you lost control of your vehicle.

And yeah, I know you are not trying to be an asshole. Neither am I.

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

fatchanceJul-13-02 04:14 AM
761 posts,
#1464, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 9

Well, first I'd insist it go to my uncle's body shop. then I'd pop out anything that could get me in trouble. and secondly, they only ask if it's modded when you get your insurance. so technically I answered truthfully, as I hadn't done anything to it yet. Yes, I understand what your saying about how much you pay for just the modifications. But I think that for the average person, who doesn't have their parents buy a car for them, how much you have to pay for the car and for the insurance is a big deal. Like you said, lots of ppl finance their cars, financing on an $8000 car vs financing on a $12000 car is a big difference, and that makes it easier for it to buy your mods.

1995 RS

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 04:39 AM
866 posts,
#1465, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 10

>Well, first I'd insist it go to my uncle's body shop. then
>I'd pop out anything that could get me in trouble. and
>secondly, they only ask if it's modded when you get your
>insurance. so technically I answered truthfully, as I
>hadn't done anything to it yet. Yes, I understand what your
>saying about how much you pay for just the modifications.
>But I think that for the average person, who doesn't have
>their parents buy a car for them, how much you have to pay
>for the car and for the insurance is a big deal. Like you
>said, lots of ppl finance their cars, financing on an $8000
>car vs financing on a $12000 car is a big difference, and
>that makes it easier for it to buy your mods.

Believe me, I get what you are saying.

As far as modifying your car for insurance purposes goes, I think I'm just more wary of those guys than most people. A friend of mine had his stereo and a lot of other stuff stolen from his car, but his insurance refused to pay up because the stuff wasn't "bolted down". After that someone drilled him from behind. Now the insurance company (I believe he and the person that hit him had the same insurance), well over six months since the accident, refuses to give them a dime of payment for injuries and compinsation. He plays bass and now his wrist is fucked up permenatly. They tried to get off paying just $5,000 not counting medical bills. I just think that even though what you told them was at the time technically accurate, they would still deny coverage. I also think that there has to be some legal way for them to get out of payment like that. It just wouldn't make sense to me if they didn't cover that base. We all know they hate to give up money.

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

DSBLK93GTJul-13-02 05:20 AM
784 posts,
#1466, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 11

Well..I never said it was cheap to beat an LS1 but that it can be done. You are starting with a mid 16 second car and getting into the 13's with ONLY Stg II. I personally think that is good. The bottom end is built but that is not needed for only 10psi but we plan on going up to 16+ with it. SO..10psi with only 8.6:1 running 13.5 @ 106 is DAMN good. Actually..a stock compression motor should be faster with 10 psi..in reality. Aric(Strauss)has pent alot of $$ on this car..but is shooting for mid 12's with it. I would say for about $5500 you could do same as him..not sure on the costs. This is still with a RICH as hell motor..no dyno tuning..and stock downpipe! From a roll...he will own an LS1...

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 06:29 AM
866 posts,
#1467, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 12

>From a roll...he will own an LS1...

With a trap speed like that? No doubt.

He should hit those mid 12s no problem with some traction. I don't know how the axles are on those cars, though. For some reason I seem to remember you saying something about that. Oh well. 12s shouldn't be too far away.

Do you think that the motor is capable of taking some nitrous as well? I understand that it isn't running at full boost, but when it is there, would nitrous get you faster or will it get you blown motor parts?

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

thisismygsJul-13-02 06:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#1468, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 12

strauss, what compression are you running with your howell bottom end?

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

StraussJul-13-02 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#1469, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 14

Thanks for all the compliments guys Chris...you'll get your timeslip, I just have to have Dave scan it in and host it for me...he was there...he saw it...I don't bullshit. But, with that good of a time as compared to others, I don't doubt your criticism I am running the 8.6:1 compression....but I still need to install my injectors. Like Dave said, I'm still on the rich side with EGT's never going above 1400 down the strip and my A/F is at .94-.97. And yes, I have invested too much $$ into this thing, but she is payed off now so I figured might as well take out another loan Now I have a 12sec street car, compared to a high 15sec car before, nice gain if you ask me

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 07:09 AM
866 posts,
#1470, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 15

>Thanks for all the compliments guys Chris...you'll get
>your timeslip, I just have to have Dave scan it in and host
>it for me...he was there...he saw it...I don't bullshit.

No, man. I don't doubt your time. The thing is that I thought it was simply my launching that sucked, but when I looked at my timeslip I saw that all down the track I wasn't doing that well in terms of traction at all. I was just wondering how bad your traction really was. Or you could say, "I'm just wondering how much of an improvement in ET you can get with traction."

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

DSBLK93GTJul-13-02 08:12 AM
784 posts,
#1471, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 16

>>Thanks for all the compliments guys Chris...you'll get
>>your timeslip, I just have to have Dave scan it in and host
>>it for me...he was there...he saw it...I don't bullshit.
>
>No, man. I don't doubt your time. The thing is that I
>thought it was simply my launching that sucked, but when I
>looked at my timeslip I saw that all down the track I wasn't
>doing that well in terms of traction at all. I was just
>wondering how bad your traction really was. Or you could
>say, "I'm just wondering how much of an improvement in ET
>you can get with traction."
>
>

If you read his original post..he had a break down of the 60ft,1/8,and 1/4?? What else are you talking about??

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 08:44 AM
866 posts,
#1472, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 17

>If you read his original post..he had a break down of the
>60ft,1/8,and 1/4?? What else are you talking about??

330, 1/8 mph, and 1000 ft. Actually the main one of those that I want to see is the 1/8 mph.

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

fatchanceJul-13-02 09:36 AM
761 posts,
#1473, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 18

He posted his 1/8 and not all places will give your 330 and 1000

1995 RS

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 03:23 PM
866 posts,
#1474, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 19

>He posted his 1/8 and not all places will give your 330 and
>1000

The 1/8 mile **MPH**!

Make sure you are reading something accuratly before you attempt to correct someone.

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

TeamXtremeRSJul-13-02 10:37 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1475, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 0

Man, that is awsome. Great job with the car, keep it up I cant wait to be in the 13's...

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Dave_FLJul-13-02 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#1476, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 20

I plan on being right there with ya strauss. I actually beat a Z28 today on my way home from installing the s-afc. I was a 8-9 psi. I also have 8:6 compression pistons too. I am stil having that weird idle problem so I havent turned my boost up to much. I am going to install the injectors soon though and turn it up to 15. I think I should be in the mid 13's if I turned it up to 10.5. At 15psi I plan on getting some high 12's.

I give ya a big

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

DSBLK93GTJul-13-02 02:19 PM
784 posts,
#1477, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 21

Our track only gives us an 1/8 mile time..no MPH for the 1/8th. No 330 either...look at my old slips..do a search. I am waiting for his slip to scan it..or him scan it and send it to me..but he has been working...gets done tonight at like 11:00...

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

LS1Z28ChrisJul-13-02 03:25 PM
866 posts,
#1478, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 22

>Our track only gives us an 1/8 mile time..no MPH for the
>1/8th. No 330 either...look at my old slips..do a search. I
>am waiting for his slip to scan it..or him scan it and send
>it to me..but he has been working...gets done tonight at
>like 11:00...

That's cool. Like I said, I was most curious about the 1/8 mph. If you say the track doesn't give it, then I believe you.

Chris

***Full Website***

***Full Website***

optimuspetersonJul-13-02 04:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#1479, "RE: Hell yeah...took her to the track!"
In response to Reply # 24

damn dude that freakin kicks ass. i want my car runnin so bad. All i wanted was to be in the 13's and you did it at 10 psi and i'll be runnin 15 psi. ohwell, engine goes in on tuesday and hopefully runnin by this weekend (but thats what i said last week).

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1454 Previous topic | Next topic