Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #500
View in linear mode

Subject: "my fuel pump" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiDec-29-00 09:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#502, "my fuel pump"
In response to In response to 1

LAST EDITED ON 29-Dec-00 AT 02:52 PM (PST)

If you compare the new walbro fuel pump with the stock fuel pump you will see that the diameter of the neck is smaller than stock (which isn't very good). I don't know why we didn't get the actual WALBRO replacement one that plugs right in (like those GST ppl do); perhaps it's not high flowing enough???

Anyhow, because of the smaller diameter I felt uneasy if I'd just attach the pump to the fuel line. SO this is what I did:

I ended up wrapping that neck with teflon tape until the diameter was the same as stock diameter. Then I put the spacer on it followed by the o ring. (These were the stock parts. I really don't know why we didn't get a new o-ring.) Oh also make sure that there is that metal cap that covers the valve of the neck. Mine popped off when I removed the plastic cap.

Push together as much, then fasten with worm clamp...

that's all I did...and my car seems to run fine (haven't installed boost yet...just loud loud pump!

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Wyatt?? ARGH!@#! WHere do I get AN-6 fittings for my SFMU?! [View all] , 95ESi, Dec-28-00 07:29 PM
  RE: Wyatt?? ARGH!@#! WHere do I get AN-6 fittings for my SFMU?!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-29-00 05:22 AM, #1
my fuel pump, 95ESi, Dec-29-00 09:50 AM #2
      RE: my fuel pump, TeamWyatt, Dec-30-00 05:01 AM, #3
           wyatt, 95ESi, Dec-30-00 05:20 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #500 Previous topic | Next topic