Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectWyatt?? ARGH!@#! WHere do I get AN-6 fittings for my SFMU?!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=500
500, Wyatt?? ARGH!@#! WHere do I get AN-6 fittings for my SFMU?!
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wyatt,

Were AN-6 fittings supposed to come with my SFMU?

I don't know how to hook up the SFMU...

l e o n

501, RE: Wyatt?? ARGH!@#! WHere do I get AN-6 fittings for my SFMU?!
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hardware store. You can find those fittings there.

ESi, how did you fuel pump fit when you did the install ? Was it really wobbly where it attatches to the fuel line ?

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

502, my fuel pump
LAST EDITED ON 29-Dec-00 AT 02:52 PM (PST)

If you compare the new walbro fuel pump with the stock fuel pump you will see that the diameter of the neck is smaller than stock (which isn't very good). I don't know why we didn't get the actual WALBRO replacement one that plugs right in (like those GST ppl do); perhaps it's not high flowing enough???

Anyhow, because of the smaller diameter I felt uneasy if I'd just attach the pump to the fuel line. SO this is what I did:

I ended up wrapping that neck with teflon tape until the diameter was the same as stock diameter. Then I put the spacer on it followed by the o ring. (These were the stock parts. I really don't know why we didn't get a new o-ring.) Oh also make sure that there is that metal cap that covers the valve of the neck. Mine popped off when I removed the plastic cap.

Push together as much, then fasten with worm clamp...

that's all I did...and my car seems to run fine (haven't installed boost yet...just loud loud pump!

l e o n

503, RE: my fuel pump
Posted by Wyatt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Leon,
I'm not totally sure what fittings should come with the SFMU, I would think it should take the same fittings as the regular FMU so fittings should be included. I'll be back home afer the new year and get things straitened out.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

504, wyatt
oh no wonder no one answers when I call your number...man I needed help... :'(

No fittings nor fuel lines came with my SFMU. All that I got was the vortech SFMU. This left me hanging real bad, as I had no clue and no fittings how to hook it up. I searched throughout the lower mainland (Vancouver and its surroundings of BC)for AN-6 fittings! I did manage to find some; they were quite pricey at that too. :-(

As well, I was afraid of getting cheap 50 psi fuel hoses since it'd be pushing over 50 psi, which means I had to get those high rated psi hoses, which costs me $16CDN per foot.

ARRRRGHHHH, my SFMU is still not hooked up since I'm still not certain how to replace it with the stock FPR.

l e o n

I generated this page in 0.010567903518677 seconds, executing 7 queries.