Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #485
View in linear mode

Subject: "glad to see people learning from my mistakes :)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamWyattDec-30-00 04:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#490, "glad to see people learning from my mistakes :)"
In response to In response to 4

Yes, be careful how much you turn that load spring down. Make sure you have a coupl e threads showing on the top.
And NEVER adjust it right before a race. That is what happend to me. I was goin gup against a modified turbo MR2 (turns high 13's) and I turning the load adjustment screw in a little to far. Well, when your racing you barely look at your gauges so i din't even notice how much boost I was running. I shoul dhave known I was running insane amount of boost considering I got a really bad start on teh mr2, but I was passing him like he was going backwards at about the 1/8th mile, then I notice my EGT blinking at me that I was REALLY hot but it was to late.
My car has never felt that fast needless to say.
So, moral of the stoy is don't screw that load spring in all the way. and if you do adjust it for a little more boost keep your eyes on your boost gauge. Its kinda funny, it wil hold about 6psi for a fraction of a second, then spike to about 20psi+ if your not careful.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

hypothitically speaking........???? [View all] , dsm1, Dec-28-00 05:04 AM
  RE: hypothitically speaking........????, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-28-00 05:25 AM, #1
RE: hypothitically speaking........????, TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-29-00 10:59 AM, #2
      Well..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-29-00 11:05 AM, #3
           RE: Well..., 95ESi, Dec-29-00 02:42 PM, #4
                glad to see people learning from my mistakes :), TeamWyatt, Dec-30-00 04:50 AM #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #485 Previous topic | Next topic