Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #37163
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???" Previous topic | Next topic
nosty_99rsJan-09-03 07:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
77 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37167, "RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???"
In response to In response to 0

from a flow aspect the design of the stock manifold is very directional, and i feel that it is a better design than some of the kit manifolds that are available. (i'm sorry but a log-style manifold doesn't look like it would flow well to me)now the problem with using the stock mani, atleast the way that wheatking used it, is were it places the turbo. you would have to lose your ac compressor and therefore your power steering, also your ac fan would have to go. you can probably keep your power steering if you used a smaller belt. i remember seeing some of the asog guys do up kits llike that. i think wheatking was one who had the pictures. visit the board and pm him.

also if you are using the stock manifold for a kit i don't see how you would be able to use a mitsubishi turbo bigger than a 18g. well it's not the turbo that is the problem but the size of the compressor housing. the tdo5h compresor housing causes the wastegate actuator to come in contact with the the coolant pipe that passes in front of the block. so i guess if you wanted to use a a turbo like a 20g on the stock mani you would just have to use a tdo5 housing and not the tdo6 that i comes with................ thats all i could think of right now

1999 eclipse rs
97-99 gs side skirts w/o door caps (looks better)
turbo high spoiler
17x7 team locos
sprint springs 2inch drop
custom turbo kit

and a number of o

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ??? [View all] , 2gdsm_nc, Jan-08-03 12:52 PM
  RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, MotoFool, Jan-08-03 05:30 PM, #1
RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, Teamdougie2, Jan-08-03 08:48 PM, #2
      RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, mcgyvr, Jan-09-03 12:34 AM, #3
RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, nosty_99rs, Jan-09-03 07:06 PM #4
RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, Bryanacr, Jan-10-03 04:22 AM, #5
      RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, nosty_99rs, Jan-10-03 07:31 AM, #6
           RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, ez, Jan-10-03 02:50 PM, #7
                RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, TeamMetalJim, Jan-11-03 02:11 AM, #8
RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, WheatKing, Jan-12-03 09:17 AM, #9
RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, 420AYE, Jan-13-03 04:20 PM, #10
      RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, WheatKing, Jan-14-03 04:32 AM, #11
           RE: stock manifold into a turbo mani. 'its cast' ???, TeamMetalJim, Jan-14-03 07:23 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #37163 Previous topic | Next topic