Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #250
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more)" Previous topic | Next topic
XT_DSMDec-17-00 06:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#258, "RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more)"
In response to In response to 8

http://members.dencity.com/xtdsm
>>Whoa, so you're saying I shouldn't sustain speeds of a 100 mph or more for very long?

yeah you should not, the reson why I said that is because at higher speeds you put a lot of load into the bottom end, well or that's how at least I blew my motor.

3 days b4 I blew the motor I raced, VR4 Galant, GS-T, and an AT supra, I whooped on all of them, but lost to an RX7 that was modded as hell. I was running 14 psi (92 gas with lots of octan booster) and never had any problem. 3 days later running on the highway againest my friends Camaro, I was running 7 psi, we started the race around 70 pmh till 144 mph or so, my EGT did not go above 800C, and everything seemed fine till we both puuled into a gas station and found out my engine was smoking hella bad, and that's when I opened my hood to find oil everywhere that was comming out of the valve cover breather, not only that, oil dip stick pooped off and the metal house it goes into was smoking as if it was an exhaust.

>> Now, does that only apply to a stage 1 non-intercooled turbo kit or, does it also apply to a HRC stage 2, running at 9 psi?

well I was talking more about any turbo kit, mine was not HRC or star, it was one of the first kits that available for our cars 3 years ago, it was called AC-speed.

>>>Hmmm, that really stinks if that's true. well I am not sure if it's true or not, I did not blew my motor running 14 psi down the drag, or even in short races, I blew it running only 7 psi, but for hella long and at very high speed (100-144 mph).
so I am not trying to say don't buy whatever kit is out there, I am just mentioning what are the reasons that I think caused my motor, plus I don't really think the kit itself has anything to do with blowing the motor, it's how much boost you run, and how much fuel you got.

>>You also said you blew a bottom end, was that with your current turbo set-up? And, what mods did you have in your car when that happened? PSI?

well my car as of now is NT, when I blew the motor I did not have enough money to build the bottom end, plus at the time they really did not have the parts that needed to make our bottom end stronger, so what I did I just got another used short block and swapped with mine and took the turbo off.

set up
- HKS External WG
- HKS BOV
- Ported and Polished T3 Turbo
- Sperco FMIC
- Bell Eng Fuel Pressure Regulator
- RC Injectores "310"
- 2.5 RS*R Cat back
- Random high flow Cat
- Ported and Polished Head, TB, and Intake Manifold
- Super AFC
- Mutiny wild cams
- Nos inline fuel pump

>>Just curious because, now, I'm a little scared.
well I am not trying to scare you from turbo charging your car, but if you wanna do it, do it right (build the botom end) first. and to just let you know, I am not the only one who blew his motor after turboing his car. but if you wanna go ahead and turbo it on stock bottom end, go ahead and promise yourself you will not run higher boost yeah right, I tried but could not keep that promise for long, the thing that pisses me off tho is when I blew the motor I was running only 7 psi !

Adel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more) [View all] , grneclipse, Dec-12-00 02:47 PM
  RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-12-00 04:18 PM, #1
RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), grneclipse, Dec-12-00 04:36 PM, #2
      RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-12-00 04:51 PM, #3
           RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), XT_DSM, Dec-12-00 09:01 PM, #4
                RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), grneclipse, Dec-13-00 06:39 AM, #5
                RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), Skrilla, Dec-14-00 09:13 AM, #7
                RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), fly1, Dec-17-00 11:31 AM, #8
                     RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), XT_DSM, Dec-17-00 06:29 PM #9
RE: Anybody familiar with the T-25? because...(more), WheatKing, Dec-13-00 10:52 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #250 Previous topic | Next topic