Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: What extra parts will I need to accompany the HRC stage 1?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamWyattNov-25-00 05:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23, "RE: What extra parts will I need to accompany the HRC stage 1?"
In response to In response to 0

Well, my list will prob be the same as Jason's

First, get a different fuel pump:
Walbro High pressure 255lph to replace the external one HRC comes with.

Exhaust Gas Temp gauge:
Get any of your choice, except VDO. I heard they pretty much suck

Air fuel gauge:
Either Jumptronix or a modified autometer gauge from http://www.gadgetseller.com/gauges/
Don't waste your money on a blinky light that sweeps back and forth from rich to lean.

Full Pillar Pod?
Lo-tek makes a nice one, Autometer also has one. just make sure its a full pillar pod to replace the one that the kits comes with.

Turbo Timer:
Doesn't matter, they all do the same thing

Blow off valve:
I've heard the 3000gt BOV that HRC comes with pretty much sucks. Get one of your choice, I have the HKS SSBOV and it works great. they can handle high boost levels and still respond good at low pressure. I have also heard good things about turboXS and Greddy BOVs. Don't go to crazy with the greddy or turbo xs BOVS (type H)unless you are going into some major Boost pressure. Otherwise you won't get the resoniveness and may have a little boost leak under low boost where you will be at with a Stage I 6psi

Exhaust System:
Cat-back system of your choice! you can spend a lot of money. I've heard Greddy is good. For turbo Applications, less exhaust is the besy exhaust. Get a 3" cat-back to reduce back pressure as much as possible.

catalytic coverter, if you can get a high flow that would be great gain, least exaust is the best exhaust

Replace the downpipe conversion thingy that the HRC kits come with. they basically use your stock downpipe and modify/cut it to fit to the 16g turbo. Get a big downpipe to match your cat-back. this will probably be the hardest part.

Hmm... plenty of other stuff to get.. AFC, Injecotors, FMIC, NOS, internals, all sorts of stuff.
Have fun! welcome to the turbo life!

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What extra parts will I need to accompany the HRC stage 1? [View all] , TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-25-00 05:02 PM
  RE: What extra parts will I need to accompany the HRC stage 1?, TeamWyatt, Nov-25-00 05:40 PM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22 Previous topic | Next topic