Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #14
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMuRiXNov-27-00 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18, "RE: Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC."
In response to In response to 3

You hit it on the head Jason. HRC is using the Accel DFI to run larger injectors. You can get it from them preprogrammed as well when you buy their staged kits. It comes with the Stage V with the larger injectors. I don't know how they sell it alone. It works as a piggyback setup. As in, you still have your stock ecu, and the Acell takes all the signals from it and alters the values given. Which is what the S-AFC does as well, but not as complex. The AFC doesn't take into account other factors that a true ecu management system can, or have multiple programs that you can switch between. It is much more expensive to use the Accell though, and you can find a lot of other programmable systems on the market as well if you look around. This is a big step to make. As in the $1000+ range and a lot of tuning. But a lot of tuners claim by going to stand alone and and piggyback ecu setups, they gain a lot of extra power, better spoolup, driveability, and mpg. It's a lot of work and money, but the gains are high as well. For the money though, I think the AFC is the best place to start.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC. [View all] , Jason 95 GS Turbo, Nov-24-00 03:02 PM
  RE: Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC., TeamWyatt, Nov-25-00 06:52 PM, #1
RE: Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC., TeamMuRiX, Nov-26-00 10:55 PM, #2
RE: Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC., TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-27-00 02:28 AM, #3
      RE: Need to find out about the 550 injectors and S-AFC., TeamMuRiX, Nov-27-00 04:29 AM #4
           I just talked to RC and they said the biggest injector they make for our cars is a High Resistant Sa..., Greg, Nov-29-00 10:30 AM, #5
                RE: I just talked to RC and they said the biggest injector they make for our cars is a High Resistan..., TeamWyatt, Nov-29-00 11:17 AM, #6
                     550 injectors.., TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-29-00 04:08 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #14 Previous topic | Next topic