Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #126
View in linear mode

Subject: "I didn't know this either..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TDec-11-00 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134, "I didn't know this either..."
In response to In response to 6

...until I actually had a turbocharged car. Sure, the onset of boost can come shy of 2500 rpms if I have the throttle pushed wide open (or the pedal-to-the-metal), but if you gradually press on the thottle you can control your gas consumption so it never exceeds what you would normally produce without boost. For instance, on my trip to Chicago this weekend, I was still able to travel the 190 miles or so without using more than about a half a tank of gas.

Another fun thing I noticed is that the use of cruise control will use boost if necessary. If you ascend up a large hill and your C/C needs to maintain the set speed, it would actually apply heavy throttle if necessary (just like normal). an observation of note though is a couple of times it actually used 2-3 pounds of boost when necessary to maintain the desired speed. I'm just contributing this to denote how incorporated the turbo acts when used with our cars. It's quite subtely pleasing.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hey Wyatt, Chris M, and anyone else supernatural aspirated. [View all] , SaberKhan, Dec-03-00 03:44 PM
  RE: Hey Wyatt, Chris M, and anyone else supernatural aspirated., Shant, Dec-04-00 02:02 AM, #1
RE: Hey Wyatt, Chris M, and anyone else supernatural aspirated., TeamMuRiX, Dec-04-00 03:15 AM, #2
RE: Hey Wyatt, Chris M, and anyone else supernatural aspirated., Shant, Dec-12-00 03:06 AM, #9
FuelPrices, BoostnRS, Dec-10-00 08:28 AM, #3
      RE: FuelPrices, TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-10-00 06:43 PM, #4
           RE: FuelPrices, TeamMuRiX, Dec-11-00 01:54 AM, #5
                RE: Boost, BoostnRS, Dec-11-00 10:22 AM, #6
                     I didn't know this either..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-11-00 01:14 PM #7
                          RE: I didn't know this either..., TeamMuRiX, Dec-12-00 02:40 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #126 Previous topic | Next topic