Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103504
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question" Previous topic | Next topic
totaleclipse_05May-07-08 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103511, "RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question"
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
I've seen ghetto fuel support where the return is crimped with vise grips. Works....but not for long. Upgrade to a bigger fuel pump for sure. Walbro makes a couple units for our cars. 190 and 255 high pressure. Yes, they're loud but they work. You can also use an accel inline or the like. You can be cheap and grab a gst/x fuel pump from a junkyard. You should be fine but mechanical fuel management may still ask for more fuel than that pump can supply and cause problems. Fuel system upgrade is a must. I get flammed on some sites about fmu's but they work and are fine for what you're wanting to do. Personally, i'd go with an sfmu just so you dont have to get one later. You'll want more boost. You can get dsm 450's with a resistor pack for around $30-50 on most car forums and egay.

Crimping the return line with a vice grip will strain your pump whenever it is running because of the higher fuel pressure it will constantly be putting out. Hardly advice I would be telling people.

A 255 HP Pump is really the only option to be going for if you are going to turbo a 420a. GST/GSX stock pumps may be able to pump out a larger volume of fuel, but not be able to sustain higher fuel pressures that an FMU setup would be requiring.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Bolt On Turbo Kit Question [View all] , zwickyj, May-06-08 09:47 AM
  RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, eclipse982nrRST, May-06-08 10:06 AM, #1
RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, RoninEclipse2G, May-06-08 10:30 AM, #2
RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, 2GeclipseRS, May-07-08 08:52 AM, #3
      RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, ez, May-07-08 03:17 PM, #4
      RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, totaleclipse_05, May-07-08 06:27 PM #5
           RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, RSTeclipse97, May-09-08 01:43 PM, #6
                RE: Bolt On Turbo Kit Question, navyguns, Jun-01-08 07:04 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103504 Previous topic | Next topic