Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100886
View in linear mode

Subject: "Review of Treadstone Kit" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMTalonJul-22-07 07:51 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2005
267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100886, "Review of Treadstone Kit"

well i figure i might as well throw down some info about the treadstone turbo kit since i recently bought one and not too many people are running them yet. as far as the kit goes heres my take on it:

Intercooler:
Ive seen pictures of the intercooler they ship with the kit (TRV18.5) and once its mounted up...it aint pretty. it requires removal of the front impact brace, which wasnt even a consideration for my application. Hence, enter the TR6 intercooler which fits below the brace quite nicely and still flows pretty well. going this route requires extra piping that they sell separately from the kit and they have no idea what is necessary to plumb it up. Otherwise, the intercooler looks REALLY well built.

Turbo Manifold:
This thing is pretty beefy, and seems pretty well built. Really about the only complaint on this is that a few of the bolts are a PITA to get a wrench on( especially the one below the turbo flange) but otherwise its pretty nice.

Turbo:
What can i say you pick what you want from their inventory of turbonetics turbos.

Wastegate:
They give you a turbonetics evolution wastegate with the kit, along with a 5,7,9 psi spring kit. it looks pretty and bolts on well. otherwise i have no experience with this wastegate.

BOV:
The kit comes with your choice of a Greddy or HKS BOV flange, but the actual BOV is not included with the kit. It costs extra.

Oil Supply line kit:
This is one aspect of the kit that really sucks. There is absolutely no provisions for teeing off the Oil Pressure sender, nor is there any fittings for the return tube to the oil pan, theres just a flange for the bottom of the turbo.

Fuel System:
What fuel system? they give you NOTHING for the fuel system. Which is both a blessing and a curse. blessing because you dont have a bunch of junk parts( read:accel inline fuel pump that comes with hahn kit) so you can build your fuel system to your needs. Bad because this kit is far from a bolt on kit. They dont even sell you a FCD with the kit, it 's extra.

piping & air filter:
the piping is polished and looks pretty.lol. When it comes to actually plumbing up the turbo system this kit seems a bit inadequate, as the kit only comes with piping for a TR18.5 intercooler. even then it seems like there isn’t enough piping for that. The exhaust down pipe and wastegate dump tube are also pretty good looking. the flanges for them are pretty thick and the welds look good. the dump tube for the wastegate fits on nicely and doesn’t interfere with the A/C compressor, but the down pipe off the turbo does not allow for the factory A/C condenser cooling fan. There is a provision on the downpipe for an O2 sensor, and next to the flange is a nut that's welded onto it, that may be for a pyrometer( but i dont see how that can work). As far as the airfilter this is a total unknown to me. I'm not even going to try to guess as to its quality or anything of that sort. I'll just suffice to say its a conical air filter.

Overall: overall the kit seems a bit on the expensive side considering you get no fuel system components, no FCD, no BOV, and no instructions . However with the info on this site, installing the kit and building a fuel system is no problem at all. So far (im not even part way through the install yet) the only fitment issues ive run into is that the turbo interferes with the engine hanger on the exhaust side of the head.

Sanity's Eclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Review of Treadstone Kit [View all] , DSMTalon, Jul-22-07 07:51 PM
  RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, 2GeclipseRS, Jul-25-07 10:44 AM, #1
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, ivan300, Jul-25-07 09:04 PM, #2
      RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, Moderatorcs82685, Jul-26-07 05:08 AM, #3
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, VelocitaPaola, Jul-26-07 06:39 AM, #4
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, dsmtuner1, Jul-26-07 10:52 AM, #5
      RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, DSMTalon, Jul-26-07 06:00 PM, #6
           RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, lild14, Jul-28-07 08:29 AM, #7
                RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, DSMTalon, Jul-29-07 01:40 PM, #8
                     RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, DSMTalon, Aug-04-07 07:08 PM, #9
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, eclipsederek, Aug-23-07 05:31 AM, #10
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, totaleclipse_05, Aug-23-07 06:48 AM, #11
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, DSMTalon, Aug-23-07 07:10 PM, #12
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, eclipsederek, Aug-24-07 07:54 AM, #13
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, Noogabox, Mar-04-08 01:26 PM, #14
RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, halfasss101, Jul-03-08 08:31 AM, #15
      RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, totaleclipse_05, Jul-04-08 08:04 PM, #16
           RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, 2GeclipseRS, Jul-07-08 06:54 AM, #17
                RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, rsdsm95, Jul-10-08 03:39 AM, #18
                     RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, 96TurboGS, Jul-10-08 06:41 AM, #19
                          RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, halfasss101, Jul-10-08 08:51 AM, #20
                               RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, totaleclipse_05, Jul-10-08 04:16 PM, #21
                                    RE: Review of Treadstone Kit, halfasss101, Jul-10-08 10:00 PM, #22

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100886 Previous topic | Next topic