Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #105395
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: It's really not that hard of a decision" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntMar-22-01 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105409, "RE: It's really not that hard of a decision"
In response to In response to 13

As far as turbo selection I'm sure Turbonetics would give a list long of reasons why the turbo they carry is better as will Hahn on his Mitsus (As will Apexi with IHI or anybody else on the brand they carry). I haven't heard a company yet that cant give reasons why the brand they carry is better than everyone elses. If ordered with the proper options there isn't anything wrong with the Star kit out the box when used as directed and obviously still for less money (not much lesser if you pay MSRP but no one does with the Star). Thinks like flex joints, downpipes that aren't complete,VC1s and welding dump tubes into the exhaust are easily done for cheap and shouldn't be a variable in selecting a kit (which brings me to the point I want to make). If you dont know what your doing or getting into you need HRC and their support to carry you along as you progress with your car. The Star kit on the other hand is the kit for people who already know (or know how to find out) what they need to get where they want. So you pay less initially then make changes YOU want. If you know you want to push 15psi and nothing else get the Hahn. If you have a general idea make a personal choice. If YOU dont like garett turbos then obviously you shouldn't start with a kit that uses a Garett and vise-versa. Anything you dont like about either kit is changeable. Find out what would need changing with both kits to get where you want to be, then factor in how much you'll need to spend with either vs initial cost and make a choice. If you dont plan on going past stage 2 factor in cost vs what Hahn said (and what star might say if we knew who the hell they were) and make a choice. For me it was easy. I needed the cheapest way to get turbo'd initially (I didn't give a sh*t who made it and adv/dis. If someone was group selling Hahn kits for cheap I'd have that). From there I'll have to handle the rest with the help from around here and what I already know (or think I know).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why? [View all] , Islndr1, Mar-21-01 06:50 AM
  all I can say is HRC, MWC, Mar-21-01 07:19 AM, #1
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, Locke, Mar-21-01 07:28 AM, #2
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, Islndr1, Mar-21-01 07:47 AM, #3
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, 95ESi, Mar-21-01 07:47 AM, #4
      RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, 99GSBBTurbo, Mar-21-01 08:06 AM, #5
           RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, dsm1, Mar-21-01 09:04 AM, #6
                RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, cyan, Mar-21-01 03:18 PM, #7
                RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-21-01 04:33 PM, #8
                     RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, cyan, Mar-21-01 06:07 PM, #9
                RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, VendorHRC, Mar-22-01 03:44 AM, #10
                     It's really not that hard of a decision, Lee, Mar-22-01 04:59 AM, #11
                     RE: It's really not that hard of a decision, Locke, Mar-22-01 05:49 AM, #12
                          RE: It's really not that hard of a decision, klipzracer, Mar-22-01 05:02 PM, #13
                               RE: It's really not that hard of a decision, TeamStan2gnt, Mar-22-01 05:58 PM #14
                     Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..., Skrilla, Mar-23-01 07:54 AM, #15
                          RE: Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..., VendorHRC, Mar-26-01 12:25 AM, #16
                               RE: Here's my repost about the 2 kits and to Bill..., Skrilla, Mar-27-01 06:36 AM, #18
RE: Help!! I cant decide HRC Stage II or STAR Stage II and why?, Islndr1, Mar-26-01 06:28 AM, #17

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #105395 Previous topic | Next topic