Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8293
View in linear mode

Subject: "16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!" Previous topic | Next topic
BMPDirkJun-26-05 04:36 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8293, "16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
Jun-26-05 05:04 PM by BMPDirk

well, my car was running perfectly fine. I put it up on ramps. and began my turbo install. Ill skip all the details, but anyway, i installed the turbo and 650cc injectors. I put the key in the on position, and tried to start up DSMLink. It wasnt picking up the ECU....weird i thought. So i tried to start the car. Fired right up. Idle'd a little high at first, but it was just learning i guess. I noticed the radio was off, so i turned it on and it said CODE. Hmm, i didnt disconnect the battery, weird. Anyway, put the code in and it accepted it..but the volume wasnt working, WTF! So then i pulled the car out of the garage, tried to put down the window...windows wouldnt work???? Sunroof worked, and i tried the headlights and they worked. Anyway. Took the car for a spin just to inspect for oil leaks or coolant leaks. Got back, only went down the street (1/4 mile) and back and the battery light came on, and the car was idling at like 300rpm's. Turned the car off, and turned the headlights off....but they stayed on??? checked the fuse relay and pulled the headlight relay...they turned off. Then out of no where the horn went off, and stayed on. Pulled the horn relay and disconnected the battery. I noticed the alternator fuse was blown. Have to get a new one at the dealer?

WHAT THE F*CK HAPPENED!!!

Theres obviously a short somehwere, does anyone have ANY ideas!!!!! I installed a 16g and 650cc injectors if that helps. The things that im checking now are mas air flow sensor area, alternator, injector area, and o2 sensor. If anyone encountered this kind of problem please help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP! [View all] , BMPDirk, Jun-26-05 04:36 PM
  RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-26-05 05:02 PM, #1
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, BMPDirk, Jun-26-05 05:12 PM, #2
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-26-05 06:20 PM, #4
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, Hult250R, Jun-26-05 06:11 PM, #3
      RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, Diceman19, Jun-26-05 11:39 PM, #5
           RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, BMPDirk, Jun-27-05 07:28 AM, #6
                RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, FlyinEsi, Jun-27-05 09:17 AM, #7
                     RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, Diceman19, Jun-27-05 03:24 PM, #8
                          RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, BMPDirk, Jun-28-05 05:27 AM, #9

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8293 Previous topic | Next topic