Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8293
View in linear mode

Subject: "16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!" Previous topic | Next topic
BMPDirkJun-26-05 04:36 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8293, "16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
Jun-26-05 05:04 PM by BMPDirk

well, my car was running perfectly fine. I put it up on ramps. and began my turbo install. Ill skip all the details, but anyway, i installed the turbo and 650cc injectors. I put the key in the on position, and tried to start up DSMLink. It wasnt picking up the ECU....weird i thought. So i tried to start the car. Fired right up. Idle'd a little high at first, but it was just learning i guess. I noticed the radio was off, so i turned it on and it said CODE. Hmm, i didnt disconnect the battery, weird. Anyway, put the code in and it accepted it..but the volume wasnt working, WTF! So then i pulled the car out of the garage, tried to put down the window...windows wouldnt work???? Sunroof worked, and i tried the headlights and they worked. Anyway. Took the car for a spin just to inspect for oil leaks or coolant leaks. Got back, only went down the street (1/4 mile) and back and the battery light came on, and the car was idling at like 300rpm's. Turned the car off, and turned the headlights off....but they stayed on??? checked the fuse relay and pulled the headlight relay...they turned off. Then out of no where the horn went off, and stayed on. Pulled the horn relay and disconnected the battery. I noticed the alternator fuse was blown. Have to get a new one at the dealer?

WHAT THE F*CK HAPPENED!!!

Theres obviously a short somehwere, does anyone have ANY ideas!!!!! I installed a 16g and 650cc injectors if that helps. The things that im checking now are mas air flow sensor area, alternator, injector area, and o2 sensor. If anyone encountered this kind of problem please help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-26-05 05:02 PM, #1
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, BMPDirk, Jun-26-05 05:12 PM, #2
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-26-05 06:20 PM, #4
RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, Hult250R, Jun-26-05 06:11 PM, #3
      RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, Diceman19, Jun-26-05 11:39 PM, #5
           RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, BMPDirk, Jun-27-05 07:28 AM, #6
                RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, FlyinEsi, Jun-27-05 09:17 AM, #7
                     RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, Diceman19, Jun-27-05 03:24 PM, #8
                          RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!, BMPDirk, Jun-28-05 05:27 AM, #9

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-26-05 05:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8294, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 0

whoa dude, thats some fucked up shit. I wish I had a solution for you but I've NEVER heard of anything like that before.
None of those things are even closely related.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BMPDirkJun-26-05 05:12 PM
1288 posts,
#8295, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 1

this isnt a major issue YET, but when i took it for a spin, i went wot once in third and only got 10psi. The mbc was set at 15psi for my t25...do i need to adjust it with the new turbo, or do i have a leak or wastegate issue? thanks. My electrical problem is much more important at this point though!

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-26-05 06:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#8296, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by BMPDirk
this isnt a major issue YET, but when i took it for a spin, i went wot once in third and only got 10psi. The mbc was set at 15psi for my t25...do i need to adjust it with the new turbo, or do i have a leak or wastegate issue? thanks. My electrical problem is much more important at this point though!

yeah, you'll have new settings. If you had a leak, you'd actually see MORE boost. A mechanical MBC is nothing more than a bleeder valve.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Hult250RJun-26-05 06:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#8297, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by eclipzGST
whoa dude, thats some fucked up shit. I wish I had a solution for you but I've NEVER heard of anything like that before. None of those things are even closely related.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Diceman19Jun-26-05 11:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8298, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 3

its the alternator fuse screwin with everything. once you replace that, as long as it doesnt blow again, you should be ok. it is kinda funny though, headlights wont shut off, horn honking by itself. that is why they say you should disconnect your battery every time you work on your car. food for thought?

BMPDirkJun-27-05 07:28 AM
1288 posts,
#8299, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-27-05 07:41 AM by BMPDirk

i got two new fuses, just in case another one blows. My only problem is i want to find out why the alt fuse blew in the first place. A couple guys on the Link forum had the same issue, saying that somewhere along the lines of their turbo install they must have hit the alternator wire or something. But i dont remember ever hitting it. Also, when i put the key in the ignition for the first time, dsmlink wouldnt work, windows wouldnt work, and neither would radio. But when i started it, the battery light was off...it wasnt until i took it for a spin that the battery light came on when stopping. If the alternator fuse was blown before i started the car...wouldnt the battery light be on when i started it? That leads me to believe that it blew while i was driving?? any thoughts.oh well, ill see what happens. Also, my car is hesitating...hopefully once i get this electrical problem fixed that will go away.

FlyinEsiJun-27-05 09:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#8300, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-27-05 09:18 AM by FlyinEsi

Man, I'm sorry to say it, but when I first read your post I was laughing my ass off imagining all that whack shit happening.

For the hesitating, I would check out fuel curve in DSMLink. You will be at like -32% for the entire fuel curve and then it will lean out more as you go into your upper RPM's. Check your A/F ratio and make sure you are not running too lean or rich. Mine was too rich and caused some weird hesitation. Leaned it out like 4% and it cleared that up.

Glad you kept the turbo. Have fun with it, enjoy never really using 1st gear again.

Diceman19Jun-27-05 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#8301, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 7

so what happened?

BMPDirkJun-28-05 05:27 AM
1288 posts,
#8302, "RE: 16g installed....electrical problems!(Need HELP/ideas) ASAP!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Diceman19
so what happened?

i threw a new 100a alt fuse in there and the car runs smooth. No more hesitating either.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8293 Previous topic | Next topic