Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11318
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: 99 gst" Previous topic | Next topic
BMPDirkApr-13-04 07:42 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11331, "RE: 99 gst"
In response to In response to 12
Apr-13-04 07:50 AM by BMPDirk

Originally posted by Jarrad_GST
All the stuff I say is just my opinion and I am 2G FWD guy. It might not be the right thing to do but we are all here to make horsepower with spending the minimal price on certain things and spend more on other things. So.. Here goes some things that I believe BMPdirk you should do depending on what you want. First of all, if your upgrading the turbo do you have the money to get the supporting mods. This means defintely S-AFC, fuel pump and maybe rewire. This I think would be the least amount of things you need with a 14b turbo. Why I say the T28 is bad idea for a FWD car is, have you maxed out your T25 yet? Yah, once you do, you'll understand why you don't want to spool so fast on FWD car. The T28 is the close same as the T25 in spool up time but also boost all the way to redline while the T25 dies off and has not top end. The T28 is also the not best bang for buck. You can only get these turbos for +$700 plus core exchange. A Evo 16g (IMO good turbo) is $550 and install parts depending on what you do is $650 plus you can sell ur T25 to Honda guys and only have spent $500. Overall the T28 doesnt work as well I think as the 16g does. The spool up will have you having problems launching, wheel hoping, and costing you more. If I had an AWD car, and money I would so get it. If you don't have that much money don't upgrade the T25 so fast. Run with that for awhile. Why? Its a fun turbo, spools super fast. Your keeping it stock, maybe for warranty purpose. Will have no problems running it. Needs no boost controller. Don't have to worry about vaccum leaks. Works well with the SMIC. Can put out 250hp. If you have the money to get a bigger turbo, a 14b fine. But you can't just slap on the turbo w/o having some things. It be good if you already have intake, UIP, 1g bov, Dp, exhaust, s-afc, fp & rewire. and misc things need to be maintenance. Plugs, wires, check oil cap, boost gauge, free mods, boost solenoid removed. Now if I were you, I would do this.. slowly buy first Exhaust, whatever is cheap on the market that you find on ebay or where ever or what matters to you most out of the supporting mods, like some ppl like buying expensive bov. Then when you are getting tired of the T25 getting beat in a street race after 60mph and not pulling anyone, upgrade your turbo. But, yah if you found a 14b already for a good deal do that then. Couple questions for you Dirk... Do you know what your going to do about the 14b install in a 2g? Are you getting a J-pipe or doing something custom? I ask because I had to do this over twice. I bought a 2g install kit from slowboyracing for SMIC location. I then a month later bought a FMIC and had to sell my j-pipe and left stranded with my FMIC not hooked up yet and bought a dejon tool j pipe that curved towards the alternator instead of going to the SMIC. But this is for custom FMIC with one outlet on each side. Hard to explain if you haven't been through it. If you get some 800 FMIC kit you wont have to worry about this then. But if you want to save money like I do then thats something to think about. If you do not have exhaust, get it... It will help your turbo so much breath and be able to pull people in. I will get pics of some things for you this weekend.

Wow, thanks for all the input man. I listed my mods in my first post above, but "My current mods are Injen intake, extreme motorsports upper/lower ic piping, 1g bov, and thermal 3 inch cat back."

What are these free mods i keep hearing about..and are they safe to do,and will it take away any reliablitly? I think im close to maxing out the t25, i figure all i have left to do is downpipe/testpipe, and if i wanted i suppose i could raise the boost to like 14psi or something. If i really want to max out the t25, i guess i could do things like ported exhaust mani, ported o2, ported intake mani, etc.

I actually am very happy with how the car pulls, its very quick imo. But yeah, at about 5500 i feel that it drops power. I hardly get that high with daily driving, but when i do i feel a difference. I really just want a turbo that will take it to redline..but still has that quick t25 spool up. i know the t28 is a little more expensive than say, the EVO 16g, but then i could just use my lower ic piping and original water/oil lines, etc.

I know everyone says that i will just want more power, but i dont want to lose that quick spool up. Also, whenever i race someone on the street which isnt very often, i never launch hard out of first gear. i know it sounds like bs, but i dont want to rag on my car. When i had the rs, i never launched hard out of 1st and the car never gave me one problem. I honestly believe how you treat the car plays a huge roll on how it treats you.

I dunno, i guess what im saying is i dont think the t28 will cause a problem, but you guys know better than i do. would first gear be the only problem with wheel hop?

Also, with the t28, does it pull any harder than the t25? or is the only difference that it pulls to red line?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

99 gst [View all] , BMPDirk, Apr-12-04 07:34 AM
  RE: 99 gst, HybriDSM, Apr-12-04 10:58 AM, #1
RE: 99 gst, Remy, Apr-12-04 11:10 AM, #2
      RE: 99 gst, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-12-04 11:56 AM, #3
      RE: 99 gst, chrysler kid, Apr-12-04 11:57 AM, #4
           RE: 99 gst, Jarrad_GST, Apr-12-04 02:28 PM, #5
                RE: 99 gst, theallpowerfulme, Apr-12-04 06:12 PM, #6
                     RE: 99 gst, Jarrad_GST, Apr-12-04 06:29 PM, #7
                          RE: 99 gst, ModeratoreclipzGST, Apr-12-04 08:00 PM, #8
                               RE: 99 gst, HybriDSM, Apr-13-04 03:02 AM, #9
                                    RE: 99 gst, BMPDirk, Apr-13-04 04:38 AM, #10
                                         RE: 99 gst, Jarrad_GST, Apr-13-04 06:23 AM, #11
                                              RE: 99 gst, Jarrad_GST, Apr-13-04 06:27 AM, #12
                                                   RE: 99 gst, BMPDirk, Apr-13-04 07:42 AM #13
                                                        RE: 99 gst, Jarrad_GST, Apr-13-04 08:02 AM, #14
                                                             RE: 99 gst, BMPDirk, Apr-13-04 08:12 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: 99 gst, Jarrad_GST, Apr-13-04 09:38 AM, #16

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #11318 Previous topic | Next topic