Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8001
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?" Previous topic | Next topic
preci_eclipseMar-26-02 12:22 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8001, "How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?"

Wzup peeps, I researched the forum and archives and can't find how to get an even drop. I have the Eibach pro kit and I love the way the car sits in the front, however the back is too low for me simply because the car rides like sh!t. I posted something a while back about rattling and squeaking noises after replacing my old blown KYB struts with Tokico's. I need the car to be either about 1" lower than stock in the rear or about 1" higher than the Eibach pro kit makes it sit in the rear. Any springs out there that will do it? Are cheap coilovers really that bad? Can I cut the stock springs a little? What I've done for now is left the Eibach springs in the front and returned to stock in the rear. The car sits a little higher in the rear, doesn't look horrible but I know how low I would like it to look. Thanks for your help.

By the way nothing I did gets rid of the rattling sound of the springs on the strut perch, I did however get rid of the squeaking by placing a rubber washer and silicone between the metal washer for the upper bracket assembly.

1995 GS with 147K miles, Injen Intake, Pacesetter Catback, Projector headlamps, G2 altezzas, Clear Sidemarkers, Tokico Blues and Eibach Pro's, 18" Chrome Zeneti Milanos, 97+ front bumper

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear? [View all] , preci_eclipse, Mar-26-02 12:22 PM
  RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-26-02 01:13 PM, #1
RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, Teameclipse804, Mar-26-02 03:15 PM, #2
      RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, preci_eclipse, Mar-26-02 03:49 PM, #3
           RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, Teameclipse804, Mar-26-02 05:52 PM, #4
                RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, preci_eclipse, Mar-27-02 04:34 AM, #5
                     RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, Teameclipse804, Mar-27-02 09:10 AM, #6
                          RE: How do I get an even drop? Front and Rear?, FuSi0N, Mar-27-02 09:36 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8001 Previous topic | Next topic