Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3078
View in linear mode

Subject: "Autocrossing Setups?" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaJul-02-01 07:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3078, "Autocrossing Setups?"

I'd like to know the setups you DSM autoxers are using. I just started autocrossing in the San Francisco Region and man am I doing horrible. Turbo isn't for autox that's for sure, that if you can use it that is.

I'm running a 19mm TSi Sway Bar in the front and a 12mm Sway bar in the rear. Then I have KYB AGXs set to 2 in the front and 8 in the back, to get that oversteer. I have skunk two coilovers lowered to 2.25"s. I also got two cheap aluminum strut tower bars, the RRE lower tie bar, and Matrix tie bar. Is there anything I should tweak here to give me more oversteer? Bigger bar in the rear?

I have two Dunlop W-10s (200 A A) in the front, two nearly bald Firehawks in the back (200 A A), and I just bought some two Dunlops that are 204/40/16s. Will those new Dunlops do good for autox they are 420 Treadwear and A Traction B Temp. I'm gonna rip those up. The last autox I used some bald Firehawks and I got massive under steer. What's a good tire setup from the selection of tires I got? Oh yeah I race at Golden Gate Fields so the parking lot has LOTS of gravel, felt like rally the first couple turns.

What do some of the setup you other Autoxers use?

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Autocrossing Setups? [View all] , HadesOmega, Jul-02-01 07:42 PM
  RE: Autocrossing Setups?, HadesOmega, Jul-05-01 08:20 PM, #1
Probably the setup you currently have on, TeamDeanoD, Jul-11-01 02:44 PM, #2
      RE: Probably the setup you currently have on, TeamMichael_97RS, Jul-12-01 02:17 AM, #3
           RE: Probably the setup you currently have on, Thunderous_Talon, Jul-12-01 02:34 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3078 Previous topic | Next topic