Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23519
View in linear mode

Subject: "What could this noise be?" Previous topic | Next topic
Lindsey24Apr-14-04 03:34 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23519, "What could this noise be?"

I have a 97 GSX and recently my car has been making a screeching/scratching type of noise when I drive it. It only started yesterday (pouring rain) when it was driven on a really crappy road that had tons of pot holes and uneven pavement. When I am in park and turn the wheel left or right it makes this noise. At first it sounded like rubber against the pavement, but from the outside it sounds like it might be something metal. It almost sounds like the noise a squeaky bed would make if you jumped on it but louder(I know that sounds stupid, but it does.) The reason why I posted this question under suspension and handeling was because it also makes the noise when it is driven over bumps and so I figured it might have something to do with the suspension. It is not one constant noise, it sounds like the springs would on a bed, so that is why I thought it might have something to do with the suspension. Has anyone had this problem before or know what this noise could be? I haven't done anything with the suspesion, its completely stock. Thanks!

Lindsey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What could this noise be? [View all] , Lindsey24, Apr-14-04 03:34 PM
  RE: What could this noise be?, mcgyvr, Apr-15-04 09:58 AM, #1
RE: What could this noise be?, ModeratorVX100, Apr-16-04 06:33 AM, #2
RE: What could this noise be?, AznKaos15, Apr-16-04 08:39 PM, #3
      RE: What could this noise be?, willmayo, Apr-17-04 12:48 PM, #4
           RE: What could this noise be?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-18-04 02:57 AM, #5
                RE: What could this noise be?, AznKaos15, Apr-19-04 01:14 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23519 Previous topic | Next topic