Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #82309
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long)" Previous topic | Next topic
Noobi146Oct-28-04 06:09 AM
Member since Nov 10th 2003
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82309, "Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long)"

As I understand it, the 420a pcv system works like this. Fresh air comes in from the air intake, after the air filter through the "breather tube". The blow-by air, with goes down the piston through the crankcase and thus has some oil in it, goes through the PCV tube (one on the pass. side of the VC) to the inlet manifold.

Now I have searched for this, and found various references on oil in the breather line, and recommendations for catch-can there. My problem is that I have oil in the PCV line, but the breather tube is clean as can be. I am burning (it is is not on the floor or in the coolant) about a quart of oil every 3-4 weeks, which is about 200 miles of driving for me. I sometimes see smoke from the exhaust, usu. at stop lights.

Now to my question (finally Can this all be from oil through the PCV line into the combustion chamber. BANME!, the engine runs fine otherwise, though I have not done compression tests yet.

Appreciate your response.
-BANME!i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long) [View all] , Noobi146, Oct-28-04 06:09 AM
  RE: Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-28-04 06:29 AM, #1
RE: Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long), Noobi146, Dec-17-04 10:57 AM, #2
      RE: Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long), sike, Dec-20-04 02:26 PM, #3
           RE: Yet another pcv-valve/oil burn question ( nubi, long), Blizare, Dec-21-04 10:48 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #82309 Previous topic | Next topic