Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #731
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: new clutch and shifter???need info" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSApr-17-01 07:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#734, "RE: new clutch and shifter???need info"
In response to In response to 2

AMEN Adel!

Go to Howell for your Cams and TB. Howell also hase 3 stages of head service ranging from $550 - $850. I've heard nothign but bad about Guide. JET is a waiste of money. Howell / AF/X is also working on a computer upgrade for us. You can also go the route of a S-AFC, which allows you to adjust fuel etc yourself.

I'm planning on Drag grind cams myself.

Definately go B&M their short throw shifter is adjustable 35% or 50% shorter throw.

As far as clutch. There are a lot of guys here who really like Clutchmasters, they have several stages. The stock clutch is surprisingly strong there are guy who have turbos and and put many miles on the clutch without slipping. But I also like Centerforce Dual Friction. There are guys who have had bad experiences with them, but I still think it's a good product.

Depending on what are looking to spend you might want to concider a lightened flywheel.

That's about all I have... and remember, on the street, Never start a race, but always finish it!

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

new clutch and shifter???need info [View all] , E_RACER, Apr-16-01 10:00 PM
  RE: new clutch and shifter???need info, Fast420A, Apr-16-01 10:25 PM, #1
RE: new clutch and shifter???need info, XT_DSM, Apr-16-01 10:28 PM, #2
RE: new clutch and shifter???need info, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-17-01 07:12 AM #3
      RE: new clutch and shifter???need info, E_RACER, Apr-17-01 02:46 PM, #4
           You don't need an aftermarket clutch..., Skrilla, Apr-17-01 03:54 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #731 Previous topic | Next topic