Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #683
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Reading A/F gauge" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntApr-15-01 03:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#685, "RE: Reading A/F gauge"
In response to In response to 1

You are correct in some aspects but the gauges are very accurate at reading the voltage (all it is is a voltage meter. doesn't take alot of sophistication to produce an accurate one, just look at pocket testers). Problem is they dont read in fine enough detail. For example with the autometer you have the last led is at .1V, the next to last .95 the one before that .90 then .85 and so on. The first problem is as you will notice two-four leds are lit at one time at WOT. first you must determine which is brightest. say the brightest one is at the third led .90V. All you really know is its between .85 and .95V. In reality .86 is bordering on unsafely lean while .94 is pretty rich. Mine hovers between .90 and .95 led at WOT. All its telling me is I'm running a safe ratio but it cant really be used to tune for max performance without being able to read in finer detail than .05v. And the autometer has 20 leds total. Those meters with only 10 leds and so on are absolute junk. You have a little to work with at .05V. The gauges themselves are as accurate as your o2 sensor.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Reading A/F gauge [View all] , TeamAvenger, Apr-15-01 02:13 PM
  RE: Reading A/F gauge, DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-15-01 02:32 PM, #1
RE: Reading A/F gauge, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-15-01 03:17 PM #2
      RE: Reading A/F gauge, TeamAvenger, Apr-15-01 05:18 PM, #3
           RE: Reading A/F gauge, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-15-01 05:52 PM, #4
                RE: Reading A/F gauge, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Apr-15-01 06:47 PM, #5
                     RE: Reading A/F gauge, XT_DSM, Apr-15-01 07:50 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #683 Previous topic | Next topic