Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #53660
View in threaded mode

Subject: "About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jun-24-03 04:12 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53784, "About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2"
In response to In response to 0

OK GUYS, THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT. First of, I HAVE TO GET IT DONE BY THIS WEEKEND. AS I SAID BEFORE, I was doing it in my apartment parking lot, and people DON't LIKE IT, and they start to complain, and I promised I will get it done last weekend, but now, FUCK, I said this week will be the last... so I HAVE TO!!!

Anyway, for the reply on RyaN95i4, Gregstoofast, & dougie2 shown above, I have TONS of questions about them, please explain in detail:

----------------------------------------------------------------
RyaN95i4:
When the car is up in the air, you will always be able to turn the wheels freely. When its in N, the wheels are "disconnected", when its in any drive gears, the wheels will turn the same way together, when its in Park, the wheels will still turn freely, but when you turn one wheel clockwise, the other wheel will turn counter-clockwise
OK, so are you saying(in good working condition), when I have both front wheels lifted up to the air, in 'PARK', both wheel can turn freely but in opposite direction, in 'R,D,2,L' I can turn both wheels freely also but both wheels goes same direction, and when I put into 'N' I can turn each individual wheel and the other stay still?
AM I CORRECT above?

Gregstoofast:
ok...this applies for all cars(autos)...so u can turn the wheels freely right?but not the crank or flexplate? try to pull the tranny out pull the converter out...set it on a table or i guess the ground will do...fill the converter with the same tranny fluid that u use in the tranny...put a coat of tranny fluid on the input shaft...put the converter on the input shaft...turn it clockwise untill u here it click or feel it "pop" in place....after u hear or feel it "pop" in place turn it a few more times to make sure it is on all the way...the put it back in the car...get some long bolts(make sure they are the same size as the stock bell housing bolts only longer)then use them to guide the tranny up to the block...start a couple of stock bell housing bolts and the get the flexplate and converter lined up...get the blot and bell housing as close as u can(might not wanna tighten them all the way up cas u might need to back it off a lil bit...get a bolt started in the converter,but dont tighten it up all the way...turn the crank or flexplate to line the next bolt up...get all of them in and the tighten everything up and the try to turn the wheels freely with it in park...i'll almost put money on it that u cant
Gregstoofast, I really have lots of question about your input, hold on to me now ok:
1) Yes, I can't turn the crank when flexplate is bolt to TC.
2) I decided to re-take out my whole engine, but 99% DON"T WANT to remove tranny, can I reposition the TC when Tranny in car?
3) What is the Input Shaft? (please, detail) I really don't want to fuck up anymore this weekend!!!
4) You saying I should bolt the flexplate into the TC first before I tighten or bolt in the tranny bolts to the block?
5) After I got the engine out, Is the TC lose? I mean can I just pull it out without unscrew anything?
6) when I pull out the TC, will anything inside far off? gears or spring? I mean is it simple as 1,2,3 that I pull the TC out, and put tranny fluid on, and just put it back? or things will get messed up after I take out TC????
7) at the end, you said when I put in "PARK", I won't be able to turn the wheel freely, you mean after I fixed the TC? or in normal condition for all AUTO? or just that my tranny is fucked right now so it can turn????

dougie2:
>input shaft...turn it clockwise untill u here it click or feel
>it "pop" in place....after u hear or feel it "pop" in place
>turn it a few more times to make sure it is on all the

It will click back 3 times... then it should be on completely. Just make sure it's inset about an inch and that there is no wobble. Good luck to you! Calm down, it'll be okay... this is what working on cars is all about.
Sup dougie2, Thanks for all your input!
Well, As I typed all the qusetions above for Gregstoofast, they are actually some for you too, like what is the input shaft?
The main qusetions for your input is:
1) What you mean by "make sure it's inset about an inch"?? what is inset?... no clue... please explain in detail. THX
2) what you guys all saying about "wobble", how? what? which part? up down? in out?

WELL guys...thanks,
please explain about all you guys said before, I listed all my confusion about all your input.
please explain them clearly!
I greatly appreciated them!
Thanks, I just hope you guys won't feel annoyed or feel stupid of me, coz I asked soo many questions and in detail, coz I REALLY can't fuck up again this weekend, (I CAN"T AFFORD TO) coz I will get kicked out of the lot, and I will have no place to park my car if it still don't move this weekend!
THANKS ALL!
Gil
...worried...

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Rebuilt Close To Finish! (tons of Pic) (NEED HELP!) [View all] , gilee_8, Jun-22-03 04:34 PM
  RE: Rebuilt Close To Finish! (tons of Pic) (NEED HELP!), My9t5Talon, Jun-22-03 05:00 PM, #1
RE: Rebuilt Close To Finish! (tons of Pic) (NEED HELP!), gilee_8, Jun-22-03 05:10 PM, #2
RE: Rebuilt Close To Finish! (tons of Pic) (NEED HELP!), SPEEDINRACER, Jun-22-03 05:22 PM, #3
RE: Rebuilt Close To Finish! (tons of Pic) (NEED HELP!), juggalo, Jun-22-03 06:32 PM, #4
ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), gilee_8, Jun-23-03 04:15 AM, #5
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), TeamDR1665, Jun-23-03 04:26 AM, #6
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), gilee_8, Jun-23-03 04:46 AM, #7
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), gilee_8, Jun-23-03 05:31 AM, #8
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), Teamdougie2, Jun-23-03 05:49 AM, #9
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), gilee_8, Jun-23-03 07:17 AM, #10
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), Teamdougie2, Jun-23-03 12:54 PM, #11
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), amljbs, Jun-23-03 01:43 PM, #12
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-23-03 01:52 PM, #13
ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, gilee_8, Jun-23-03 02:28 PM, #14
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), widebodied, Jun-23-03 03:02 PM, #15
RE: ATX DSMer..! -- Rebuilt before?? (Help!), Teamdougie2, Jun-23-03 03:26 PM, #16
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, Teamdougie2, Jun-23-03 03:29 PM, #17
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-23-03 04:05 PM, #18
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, TeamMetalJim, Jun-23-03 04:09 PM, #19
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-23-03 04:29 PM, #20
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, Teamdougie2, Jun-23-03 04:42 PM, #21
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, gilee_8, Jun-23-03 05:31 PM, #22
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, gilee_8, Jun-23-03 05:35 PM, #23
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, DSMkarz, Jun-23-03 05:41 PM, #24
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, gilee_8, Jun-23-03 05:52 PM, #25
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, DSMkarz, Jun-23-03 06:02 PM, #26
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, Gregstoofast, Jun-23-03 06:13 PM, #27
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, Teamdougie2, Jun-23-03 06:30 PM, #28
RE: ATX People, ... I NEED HELP ABOUT TRANNY, RyaN95i4, Jun-23-03 06:56 PM, #29
About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2, gilee_8, Jun-24-03 04:12 AM #30
RE: About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2, Teamdougie2, Jun-24-03 04:57 AM, #31
RE: About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2, TeamDR1665, Jun-24-03 05:16 AM, #32
RE: About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2, gilee_8, Jun-24-03 05:32 AM, #33
RE: About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2, Teamdougie2, Jun-24-03 01:23 PM, #34
RE: About ATX Tranny (HELP) -- RyaN95i4,Gregstoofast,dougie2, gilee_8, Jun-24-03 07:00 PM, #35

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #53660 Previous topic | Next topic