Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #370
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cam Gears - also, Marcus pls read" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorjuanApr-08-01 08:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#370, "Cam Gears - also, Marcus pls read"

LAST EDITED ON 09-Apr-01 AT 01:23 AM (PST)

Since I need to do a timing belt change very soon, it occured to me it may be worthwhile to get cam gears installed. The standard Intake +2 Exhaust -2 settings seem to give a solid 5hp or so gain, which is nice, but I'm curious about any negative effects. Idle? Fuel economy? Stuff like that.

I'm sitting on AEM intake, bored TB, GS-T muffler for power mods right now. Eventually I'll get my ported intake manifold finished and installed. Not looking for drag power here, but figure this is one of those "while you're in there" deals. I also want the car to remain streetable. (I'd rather turn than burn .

Marcus, what were the results from your AEM cam gear problems? I'm very curious as to what JC's analysis was.

juan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Cam Gears - also, Marcus pls read [View all] , Moderatorjuan, Apr-08-01 08:13 PM
  RE: Cam Gears - also, Marcus pls read, Teameclipse804, Apr-08-01 08:27 PM, #1
RE: Cam Gears - also, Marcus pls read, dsm1, Apr-09-01 04:30 AM, #2
RE: Cam Gears - also, Marcus pls read, madregal, Apr-09-01 04:59 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #370 Previous topic | Next topic