Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138646
View in linear mode

Subject: "95 talon drinking engine oil" Previous topic | Next topic
bigwill96Nov-06-15 06:53 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2015
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138646, "95 talon drinking engine oil"

Just recently picked a very clean and straight 95 talon NT when i bought it, it supposedly had the following work done to it...
wisco 10.5:1 pistons
eagle rods
.1mm over valves
Crower springs titanium retainers
Crower 268 cams
Arp studs
It is not holding oil what so ever just picked it up a week ago so clearly dont know much history it does run rich but in process of leaning it out but i changed the oil about a week ago checked today and she needed every bit of a quart and a half. But had steady oil pressure until today usually when cold atleast 65psi. When warm/ warmed up (with 5 quarts of oil) low 40s is the lowest but up too 50 at 185 degree is normal. Keep in mind thats with full amount of oil. Like i said ijust purchased this now to be nightmare and oil guage just started acting up today i saw around 20 on ride home and knew she needed oil just so strange i did it the night i got it and i just couldnt believe every bit of a quart and a half gone in under a week and it does not leak or drip abit...
So where im getting to i dont want a $2000 mechanic bill clearly needs rings? Possibly bearings? LIke i said new to the car world so any thoughts to what might be happening what i need to fix it and so on thanks everyone!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

95 talon drinking engine oil [View all] , bigwill96, Nov-06-15 06:53 PM
  RE: 95 talon drinking engine oil, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-07-15 08:09 AM, #1
RE: 95 talon drinking engine oil, bigwill96, Nov-09-15 04:30 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138646 Previous topic | Next topic