Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138328
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic " Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinApr-07-14 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138333, "RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic "
In response to In response to 2

I'll ignore the grammar and suggest that you look through our Wiki for a few hours. There is a link to it on the main 2GNT site: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Cars

My car used to be automatic and I went through years of upgrades before finally swapping in a manual transmission. It was the best thing I ever did and I recommend that it be on your top ten list (not number one, but still in the top ten). To my knowledge, no mapping of the ECM is available for our cars, especially not an automatic ECM. At some point, you could purchase an ECM for specific year manual transmission cars with slightly modified ignition curves. It was not tunable, so not worth much in my opinion. The easiest way to get power is bolt on a turbo kit. A low boost kit can get you a lot more power without a lot of mods. To raise the boost, you have to shell out a lot more money for supporting modifications and things get expensive in a hurry. Been there.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic [View all] , cwindsor, Mar-26-14 06:49 AM
  RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic , AdministratorCODE4, Mar-27-14 07:39 AM, #1
RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic , John99RS, Apr-05-14 03:58 PM, #2
      RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic , ModeratorCorbin, Apr-07-14 06:08 PM #3
           RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic , cwindsor, Apr-07-14 06:32 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138328 Previous topic | Next topic