Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138328
View in linear mode

Subject: "my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic " Previous topic | Next topic
cwindsorMar-26-14 06:49 AM
Member since Mar 25th 2014
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138328, "my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic "

im going to be tunning it in to amonster but i dont know alot about theae cars and at what point do i have to start mapping the ecm to make it run right need some help on parts and any tips if you have any i will be doing this in stages because of budget issues but would like to get a much done as possible for before i start hittting that ecm mapping issue as i have never had to map an ecm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Mar-27-14 07:39 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138329, "RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic "
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-27-14 07:44 AM by CODE4

Try using correct spelling & punctuation when you post. You are going to lose most of your audience after the first "im" instead of taking the time to spell "I'm."

Http://zero-signal.org/grammar.jpg

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSApr-05-14 03:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#138332, "RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic "
In response to Reply # 1

Haha, That has to be one of the best Grammar Nazi pics I've seen Dave! I'm saving that one!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

ModeratorCorbinApr-07-14 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#138333, "RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic "
In response to Reply # 2

I'll ignore the grammar and suggest that you look through our Wiki for a few hours. There is a link to it on the main 2GNT site: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Cars

My car used to be automatic and I went through years of upgrades before finally swapping in a manual transmission. It was the best thing I ever did and I recommend that it be on your top ten list (not number one, but still in the top ten). To my knowledge, no mapping of the ECM is available for our cars, especially not an automatic ECM. At some point, you could purchase an ECM for specific year manual transmission cars with slightly modified ignition curves. It was not tunable, so not worth much in my opinion. The easiest way to get power is bolt on a turbo kit. A low boost kit can get you a lot more power without a lot of mods. To raise the boost, you have to shell out a lot more money for supporting modifications and things get expensive in a hurry. Been there.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

cwindsorApr-07-14 06:32 PM
Member since Mar 25th 2014
2 posts,
#138334, "RE: my first 2g eclipse 420a powered automatic "
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the info

Freedom is worth fighting for

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138328 Previous topic | Next topic