Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138220
View in linear mode

Subject: "EDZ Swap GS" Previous topic | Next topic
eldrago92Dec-12-13 01:19 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2013
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138220, "EDZ Swap GS"

Well im preparing my build, and i want it to be memorable, and stored somewhere. Due to the fact that i hate DSMTuners because its overun by Turbo Pricks. No offense to the decent turbo guys and gals. You guys will have my build. Goals are simple but big. 250 hp N/A. Plans at the moment are EDZ block i found a totalled Stratus with a running engine ill be buying next week for 150. Plans are either stock or 10:1 compression. Crower 2s. ported intake/exhaust. Mustang GT injectors if i can get them to fit and run properly. im planning to use srt-4 accesorie brackets to retain my power steering, and an srt-4 a/c compressor with custom ran lines to retain heat and air. UDP, 2.4 cam gears, and i plan to be tuning with DSMLink myself. Now i do have a few questions i would like to know if tuning with dsm link is a good option for my EDZ bottom end. Im still questioning my mustang injectors, or should i just follow the #24 injector trend. also will i need a custom water pipe or will the 2g water pipe bolt correctly. will my exhaust fit with the custom oil pan, or will i need to have a custom one made. last question, and probably my biggest is does anyone have or know someone with welding skills to mod my oil pan, and mod my motor mount.

Now the time table for this project, and this build log. next week i will have my block. ill search for a stock 420 head, and run that with the block. i dont plan on upgrading my head or porting my intake or exhaust until i have my car running, and properly tuned. Im thinking i should have my my engine assembled. January ill start getting assecories and other parts needed to complete the swap. ill buy a used dsmlink, and im hoping to have my car running in january. if not it will definitly be running in febuary (tax time ballllling!!!). Im hoping to only take around 3 days to complete the swap. im also hoping that i will have enough to buy, and rebuild a transmission if i have enough cash left over after the engines built. new clutch, possibly an lsd. Now ive properly confused myself and my thoughts so ill be updating this build later today with more info, and current pictures of my car. Im hoping this build log will be a true EDZ swap guide with pictures, and descriptions of everything it takes to complete an EDZ swap, and retain power steering, and A/C.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

EDZ Swap GS [View all] , eldrago92, Dec-12-13 01:19 PM
  RE: EDZ Swap GS, Grothe3297avenger, Dec-12-13 10:14 PM, #1
RE: EDZ Swap GS, Fallen4ng31, Dec-13-13 07:19 AM, #2
RE: EDZ Swap GS, eldrago92, Dec-13-13 07:57 AM, #3
      RE: EDZ Swap GS, eclipse420ags, Dec-13-13 02:57 PM, #4
RE: EDZ Swap GS, eldrago92, Dec-20-13 08:57 AM, #5
RE: EDZ Swap GS, streetlightning, Dec-20-13 09:21 PM, #6
RE: EDZ Swap GS, eldrago92, Dec-23-13 11:52 PM, #7
RE: EDZ Swap GS, TheRedBarren, Jun-29-14 08:09 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138220 Previous topic | Next topic