Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117231
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I agree with Cyan" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntFeb-03-01 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117235, "RE: I agree with Cyan"
In response to In response to 3

Geez if you drive rarely going beyond 4 and 4.5K you might as well have got a v6 chevy. Like most small multi valve 4cyl they are designed from scratch knowingly that they must be revved to get any good power out of it. How do even keep from getting out of your own way trying to stay below 4K and never seeing redline (ashame). Thats how I drive on an empty tank and 30 miles to the nearest gas station. I dont see redline everyday (and partly because my solid front motor mount is so annoying there) but see it every few days. Doesn't matter what gear you in 7000rpm is 7000rpm to your engine hp being equal(your tranny might think otherwise) The faster you get there and leave the easier on your engine (high speed runs in 4th for example keep your engine at extended periods of 6000rpm+. this would seem more abusive then going thru the gears to redline). everything below redline (and beyond) is safe. If redline is 7000rpm you can be assured the REAL safe margin is beyond that as manufacturers must be conservative and dont care to perform warranty services because a lead foot purchased their car. Take care of maintenance and use common sense (who really wants to hit 7K at every opportunity anyway) and DRIVE THE DAMN CAR.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

RPMs [View all] , herbomar, Feb-03-01 01:07 AM
  RE: RPMs, Junoon, Feb-03-01 05:57 AM, #1
RE: RPMs, cyan, Feb-03-01 07:01 AM, #2
I agree with Cyan, Skrilla, Feb-03-01 09:26 AM, #3
RE: I agree with Cyan, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-03-01 10:40 AM #4
      RE: I agree with Cyan, dsmstreetracer, Feb-04-01 06:40 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117231 Previous topic | Next topic