Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #82707
View in linear mode

Subject: "Not starting, not turning over, got fuel" Previous topic | Next topic
_Nov-14-04 11:18 AM
Member since Apr 02nd 2004
26 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#82707, "Not starting, not turning over, got fuel"

No problems before I tried to start the car today. When I turned the key, I heard it barely turning over, then it stopped. Tried again, not turning over. I could hear the pump priming behind me. So I popped the hood...and saw some smoke and smelled something burning. The smoke was around the passenger side close to the firewall. It possibly could've blown that way from wind, but that's where I saw it. Could this be my starter? I don't know much of anything at all when it comes to engines. If it possibly is the starter, how difficult is it to swap out? How much would a used starter cost? What else could this be? Thanks in advance.

_

_

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Not starting, not turning over, got fuel [View all] , _, Nov-14-04 11:18 AM
  RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-14-04 11:32 AM, #1
RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, ez, Nov-14-04 01:15 PM, #2
      RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, sike, Nov-15-04 02:37 PM, #3
           RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, sike, Nov-15-04 03:38 PM, #4
                RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, _, Nov-16-04 07:36 AM, #5
                     RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-16-04 08:17 AM, #6
                          RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, _, Nov-16-04 09:36 AM, #7
                               RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, Ark, Nov-16-04 09:38 AM, #8
                                    RE: Not starting, not turning over, got fuel, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-16-04 10:53 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #82707 Previous topic | Next topic