Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #57137
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?" Previous topic | Next topic
HiOnPSIAug-13-03 06:50 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57151, "RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?"
In response to In response to 3

this is what happened:
trip to KC. Car is running fine, avg speed 100. EGTs drop and car runs like shit. no clue why. car sputters at idle, won't stay idling without 10-15% idle. tried resetting ecu, no avail. continued to kc, got home. no change.
Changed:
valve cover gasket
spark plug wires
spark plugs
problem cleared up for a while. then intensified.
Changed:
O2 sensor again
A few weeks went by my car being unable to be driven.
Drove 60 miles to a friends house adn checked the following:
(replaced bad FCD with a new missing link!)
Cam Angle Sensor
ECU
MAP sensor
TPS
IAC
his O2 sensor
his entire throttle body.
...on accident, i left the vacuum hose disconnected on my drive home and noticed my car was running fine. I could hear the hissing and realized it, then pulled over and put the vacuum hose on. Car died. Problem solved? No. Car will run in safe mode only with this vacuum line disconnected, car also runs ultra-rich with this line disconnected. Car burps when i let off accelerator. Gas mileage sucks ass with it disconnected. Idle is 1100. One day at work a few weeks later i said, what the hell and connected the line again. Car burped and idle was normal. car ran great. Middle of last week, i start up the car and everything goes back to shit. So here i am with a disconnected vacuum line.
I have not checked a new map sensor since i got the Missing Link installed. But I don't think a bad map sensor would cause a difference with vacuum line.
If i connect the vacuum line, the car dies w/o adequate throttle.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

13.887@104.648 5/30/03

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge? [View all] , HiOnPSI, Aug-13-03 05:10 PM
  RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-13-03 05:54 PM, #1
RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-13-03 06:16 PM, #2
      RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-13-03 06:32 PM, #3
           RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-13-03 06:50 PM #4
                RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-13-03 08:04 PM, #5
                     RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-13-03 09:20 PM, #6
                          RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, CopperEclipse96, Aug-14-03 03:05 AM, #7
                               RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-14-03 05:46 AM, #8
                                    RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, mike_d, Aug-14-03 06:34 AM, #9
                                         RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-14-03 01:17 PM, #10
                                              RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-15-03 12:46 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamDR1665, Aug-15-03 01:04 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-15-03 01:21 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-15-03 01:23 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-15-03 03:09 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-15-03 03:32 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-15-03 08:29 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, 420AYE, Aug-16-03 11:12 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-16-03 02:27 PM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-18-03 07:54 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamDR1665, Aug-18-03 09:07 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, MrSlick, Aug-18-03 09:09 AM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-18-03 09:21 AM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, MrSlick, Aug-18-03 09:59 AM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-18-03 11:04 AM, #25
                                                                                                                    RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-18-03 01:42 PM, #26
                                                                                                                         RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-18-03 05:40 PM, #27
                                                                                                                              RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, MrSlick, Aug-19-03 09:31 AM, #28
                                                                                                                                   RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-19-03 11:26 AM, #29
                                                                                                                                        RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, MrSlick, Aug-20-03 04:44 AM, #30
                                                                                                                                             RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-20-03 05:21 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, MrSlick, Aug-21-03 04:28 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: Can anybody relate to this part, have any knowledge?, HiOnPSI, Aug-21-03 06:04 AM, #33

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #57137 Previous topic | Next topic