Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8032
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately." Previous topic | Next topic
greekgodchaos2Jul-15-09 03:16 AM
Member since Mar 02nd 2008
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8032, "Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately."
Jul-15-09 03:18 AM by greekgodchaos2

*I have had "gearbox rattle" for about 6 months now whenever in neutral, I have read this is caused by a loose throw out bearing OR the release bearing, can someone confirm this?

Okay, so earlier today I was driving along doing about 40mph and then I pull up to a stop light. It was at this point where I shifted my car into neutral and took my foot off the clutch. My car then proceeded to idle for about 10sec, then it jerk and died; The same way it would if you left it in gear and just stopped. I started it back up and then I could not shift into any gear at all. I waited for about 10sec for it to work itself out and then I could shift into 1st. I then proceeded to pull over and check to see what was going on, it all looked okay, so I left. Then as I was leaving I put my car into reverse and slowly let the clutch in and gave it some gas, but the car didn't move at all (it felt as if the E-Brake was on, and it WAS NOT ON) until I juiced it and forced the RPMs above 5000, which at this point it began to move backwards, but also jerked back and fourth quite violently (Clutch chatter?) I took it to a friend who took it for a spin and told me it was my clutch was really close to going out. It seems possible since I am running about 7psi boost on a 420a on an Eclipse with 87,000 miles on it. Can you guys please help me out? I really appreciate everyone taking time to read this and to help me out, thank you so very much.

~Alex

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T
FMIC, T3/T4 Turbo, TIAL Wastegate, Walboro 255, 12:1 FMU, MBC, FCD, Remanufactured Transmission w/ Cryo'd Synchros, Stage 1 Racing Clutch, Glowshift Gauges, 30000k HID, Blacked Out Taillights, 5% Window Tint, Evo 3 Racing Seats, Greddy Type-S BOV, Reventon Inspired Interior, Pilot Foglights.

Coming Soon: GSX Spoiler, CF OEM Hood, 30000k High Beam HID's, New Shocks/Springs, 2" Drop, LED Tail lights, Lip Kit+New OEM Bumper (Mines kinda effed up), OEM Foglights, 440cc 4g63 Injectors, SAFC 2?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately. [View all] , greekgodchaos2, Jul-15-09 03:16 AM
  RE: Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately., 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-15-09 10:04 AM, #1
RE: Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately., Purpose, Jul-31-09 08:52 AM, #2
RE: Tranny Acting Very Strange, Need Help Desperately., Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:19 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8032 Previous topic | Next topic