Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #788
View in linear mode

Subject: "major tranny prob!!!! 5th and 4th" Previous topic | Next topic
StuartLoweryJun-02-03 06:08 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#788, "major tranny prob!!!! 5th and 4th"

Ever since we got the car 5th has always popped out so I learned to hold it in for now. Now a new problem has come up where 4th gear will not come out at all. When I shift into 4th all feels well but when I try to take it out I have to stop the car and really jar the crap out of the stick to get it out. When moving it'll grind like it's trying to go into 2 gears at once. While driving I can get it out of 4th sometimes but then it won't go into any other gear. REally takes a hard time with the stick to get it to free up. The stick has always acted like it had a little slop in it but I've always passed that up. When the gear stuck in 4th I tried using the levers on top of the tranny to work it out but 1 HOT MOTOR and 2 Configned space and 3 not budging kept that from happening. Any ideas?

Since 5th gear needs replacing anyway and the 4th gear sticking proble may be a bent fork I'm looking to just replace it. What all tranny's swap over?

Here's what I know so far after searching...
Dodge avenger (years???)
Chrysler Sebring (years???)
Talon esi and eclipse rs / gs 95 -99
and Dodge neon but have to swap out bell housing.

Any others?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

major tranny prob!!!! 5th and 4th [View all] , StuartLowery, Jun-02-03 06:08 AM
  RE: major tranny prob!!!! 5th and 4th, Matt_95tgs, Jun-02-03 11:58 AM, #1
RE: major tranny prob!!!! 5th and 4th, StuartLowery, Jun-02-03 07:11 PM, #2
going to do a neon tranny swap now., StuartLowery, Jun-03-03 08:09 PM, #3
      RE: going to do a neon tranny swap now., The1Bill, Jun-04-03 05:05 AM, #4
           RE: going to do a neon tranny swap now., StuartLowery, Jun-04-03 05:27 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #788 Previous topic | Next topic