Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4070
View in linear mode

Subject: "what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP" Previous topic | Next topic
1995talonFeb-23-05 02:41 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4070, "what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP"
Feb-23-05 02:46 AM by 1995talon

i asked this b4 and noone realy helped out,heck i cant even get a stright answer from the mech around here.

when i take off from a stright flat road at about 2k 9 times out of 10 i get 1-3 loud pops that sounds like they are comin from the front drivers side.if i push the gas at about a norm rate after that i dont get any grindin.but if i push it hard i get this grindin(not like very bad brake grind)from the drivers side again that can keep going thur out the gears if i keep the acc up.

when i take off going down a hill 9 times out of 10 i dont get any noise even if i really take off kinda hard.

when i take off from a hill going up 10 times out of 10 i get the poping,and if try to go any faster then grand maw speeds i get the grindin really bad,but if i let off of it a bit then it will go away.

ive asked about 10ppl about this,rangin from old timers to full time mech's and its always came back mixed,one will say its something in the tranny and another one will say it sounds like a cv joint that has been over looked because the boot isnt in bad shape.

i myself have this fellin that its the drivers side cv joint because when i took it out i had never takin one off b4,so i tryed to remove it like the repair book said to but it was so hard gettin out of the tranny that i pulled on it a few times and felt it pop in and out of its socket inside the boot a few times..so what do you guys think this could be?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP [View all] , 1995talon, Feb-23-05 02:41 AM
  RE: what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP, 1995talon, Feb-23-05 01:18 PM, #1
RE: what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP, optimuspeterson, Feb-23-05 07:59 PM, #2
      RE: what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-24-05 05:54 AM, #3
           RE: what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP, 1995talon, Feb-25-05 07:04 PM, #4
                RE: what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP, BuckNutty, Feb-27-05 07:46 AM, #5
                     RE: what could this popin and grindin be,PLZ HELP, Scandelous, Apr-25-05 06:12 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4070 Previous topic | Next topic