Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3302
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerAug-31-04 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3380, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to In response to 9

Originally posted by 420AYE
i have an older speed sensor.... Just plug and chug. the dark one is for ground, the lighter ones for power, and the middle ones for sensor i beleive. Something like that. My 95 i plugged into a newer sensor, and first time it worked...then my speedo gear came off... by old one, i mean i have a workin spare older one if you want to buy it

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!! Pins are in the same order regardless of year. If you have the speed sensor in the car, the pin closest to the front is the signal(Yellow white stripe), middle is GND (Black green stripe), last is 8V+ (solid yellow). Describing wire colors as light and dark without mentioning colors?!?!

If you are just trying to figure out the wiring the colors are the same through the years. The new pigtail you got may just have some strange colors on it but the pinouts from the sensor are in the same order so if you just match them up it will be fine.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside. [View all] , 420AYE, Aug-13-04 10:03 AM
  RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-13-04 10:58 AM, #1
RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-13-04 10:59 AM, #2
      RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., 420AYE, Aug-13-04 11:50 AM, #3
           RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., 420AYE, Aug-15-04 03:16 PM, #4
                RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-16-04 03:34 AM, #5
                     RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., BuckNutty, Aug-28-04 05:10 PM, #6
                          RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-29-04 11:49 AM, #7
                               RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., BuckNutty, Aug-30-04 03:57 PM, #8
                                    RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., 420AYE, Aug-31-04 04:33 AM, #9
                                         RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., TeamAvenger, Aug-31-04 12:23 PM #10
                                              RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., BuckNutty, Aug-31-04 01:12 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3302 Previous topic | Next topic