Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3302
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside." Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEAug-13-04 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3302, "Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."

Alright, i have had my car for 1.5 years, and the speedometer has never worked. so i get all the stuff i need, i rebuilt my tranny, i get it back in, and i drive 1 mile and my speedometer just stops working. i was like, wtf..... so i drive about 10 more miles, pop the hood, and one of my friends is like, hey look. you have a cracked bell housing. so thats just one more thing i have to deal with. its a crack right by the starter. hairline, but still a crack. anyways, today at work, i pull my speedometer sensor, hook it up to a drill and it goes up to 60 fine. then i put my finger in there, and i can wiggle the dang plastic gear around, it came off again.....my new speedo gear is just gonna end up looking like my old one. i asked youguys before if you thought it was on good enough, WHY THE F*CK DOESN"T IT STAY?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-13-04 10:58 AM, #1
RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-13-04 10:59 AM, #2
      RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., 420AYE, Aug-13-04 11:50 AM, #3
           RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., 420AYE, Aug-15-04 03:16 PM, #4
                RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-16-04 03:34 AM, #5
                     RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., BuckNutty, Aug-28-04 05:10 PM, #6
                          RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-29-04 11:49 AM, #7
                               RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., BuckNutty, Aug-30-04 03:57 PM, #8
                                    RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., 420AYE, Aug-31-04 04:33 AM, #9
                                         RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., TeamAvenger, Aug-31-04 12:23 PM, #10
                                              RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside., BuckNutty, Aug-31-04 01:12 PM, #11

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-13-04 10:58 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3303, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 0

hmn no idea man......time to call a trans shop and ask how they are installing it. you did replace it right? I thought you said you did before. That eliminated the gear as the problem and i fail to believe there is a problem with the diff.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Greddy header - Greddy exhaust

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-13-04 10:59 AM
8331 posts,
#3304, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 1

As for the crack....when you pull it apart again have the crack tig welded. Should not be a problem, any weldign shop can do it or a friend with a mig welder (with argon and alloy wire of course)

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

420AYEAug-13-04 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3305, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 2

yeah, i talked to a guy and he said he could get a guy that is good with that stuff to fix it... but why oh why would the gear fall off? is there anything that actually holds it on? it just sorta, slides on there...

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

420AYEAug-15-04 03:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3309, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 3

c'mon guys. what can i do to keep it on? epoxy?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-16-04 03:34 AM
8331 posts,
#3310, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 4

no idea like i said call a trans shop or even exile for info.

Terry
96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse

BuckNuttyAug-28-04 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#3346, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 5

for you guys with 95-96 mtx cars...i have a new speedo censor but i need to get teh wiring right...It seems teh newer speedo censors don't match up (color wise) with teh old wire scheme

anyone have the hook up for me?? No speedo for about a year for me

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-29-04 11:49 AM
8331 posts,
#3360, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 6

get rid of that gay a$$ sig and i will answer you

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI

97 Eclipse

BuckNuttyAug-30-04 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#3368, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
get rid of that gay a$$ sig and i will answer you

i got rid of it...but not because of your pleasant way of asking...asshat

420AYEAug-31-04 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3371, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-31-04 04:34 AM by 420AYE

i have an older speed sensor.... Just plug and chug. the dark one is for ground, the lighter ones for power, and the middle ones for sensor i beleive. Something like that. My 95 i plugged into a newer sensor, and first time it worked...then my speedo gear came off...

by old one, i mean i have a workin spare older one if you want to buy it

TeamAvengerAug-31-04 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#3380, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 420AYE
i have an older speed sensor.... Just plug and chug. the dark one is for ground, the lighter ones for power, and the middle ones for sensor i beleive. Something like that. My 95 i plugged into a newer sensor, and first time it worked...then my speedo gear came off... by old one, i mean i have a workin spare older one if you want to buy it

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!! Pins are in the same order regardless of year. If you have the speed sensor in the car, the pin closest to the front is the signal(Yellow white stripe), middle is GND (Black green stripe), last is 8V+ (solid yellow). Describing wire colors as light and dark without mentioning colors?!?!

If you are just trying to figure out the wiring the colors are the same through the years. The new pigtail you got may just have some strange colors on it but the pinouts from the sensor are in the same order so if you just match them up it will be fine.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

BuckNuttyAug-31-04 01:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#3382, "RE: Speedometer gear FELL OF AGAIN. Rant and Q's inside."
In response to Reply # 10

pig tail is definately different...but i don't have the old one

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3302 Previous topic | Next topic