Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2736
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMay-12-04 03:36 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2763, "RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated"
In response to In response to 8
May-12-04 03:41 PM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by techboy
Originally posted by XtremeRS AFAIK, both pressure plates from modular and non mod are the same..It should work..I don't think you got the correct PP either, but who knows..Its either a LUk, or a Sachs plate,just worked over for higher clamp loads..The only diff from Mod to non mod is the flywheel..But, there ARE visual differences between the LUK and the SAchs plates..The Luk is "thinner" than a sachs, and the PP fingers look a little different. I don't know..I guess I need to find out for sure, because I was going to go this route too..
XtremeRS .... well after a slow start this is turning into quite the interesting discussion. I'll tell you what I know for sure, and then what the people at CM told me and hopefully that will bring some clarity. I know it is definitely a CM clutch. It has a CM logo right on the pressure plate. And I know that the part number is 361922 1100. The number is also right on the pressure plate. When I called CM, I gave them that part number (listed above) and the guy told me that the clutch would fit either a 94/95 Neon or a 95 Eclipse with non-modular flywheel. I asked him what the difference was, and he said the pressure plates were different thicknesses, he then elaborated and said that was why the diaphram (what I was calling the "fingers") was touching the clutch disk when I tightened it all down. He said I would either have to get a non-modular flywheel off a Neon, or get the correct clutch/pressure plate for my car. So, I don't whose right about all this, all I know is that the clutch I have does not bolt properly onto my flywheel ... and that's a problem. What do you think? BTW, what does "AFAIK" stand for? This brings me to a flywheel question - which I think I'll start a new thread for ....

Hmm this is very interesting indeed..I guess i'll tell you what I do know. I have personally used BOTH a Luk and a Sachs pressure plate, bolted to a stock modular flywheel. When I held a Luk next to a Sachs, the Luk was def not as thick, maybe around 1/2" or so off of the Sachs. Regardless, both plates worked on the trans, using the same flywheel, and clutch disk.(I currently use the LUK with a 4 puck cearmic disk, bolted to a mod flywheel). I was under the impression that there were only those 2 pressure plates in use for our clutches, with no other models between a modular, and non modular clutch setup, just the flywheels in use being different, one with starter teeth, and one without utilizing a flexplate. I could be wrong, as I said, this does raise an interesting theroy..and which would suck, because that means you can't purchase the "modular" CM plate separately..at least I dont think you can..money loss for them ya know. I will give the Clutch builder that I am going through a call, and see if he has any answers..He should know if there is a def difference between the plates..This is information that is known, esp form another source other than money hungry Clutchmasters Thinking about it though, it seems, acording to CM, that the thinner Luk plates, are used on non modular neon cluthes, and the Sachs plates are used on the modular clutches..which to me, doesnt make sense, because i have used both with perfect success..

Oh yeah, when you were bolting that up, how did the holes on the pressure plate, line up with the holes in the mod flywheel? Did it seem to line up perfectly, or did anything seem just "off" other than the fingers??

And AFAIK, stands for "as far as i know"

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated [View all] , techboy, May-09-04 11:53 AM
  RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-10-04 03:43 AM, #1
RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamMichael_97RS, May-10-04 10:57 AM, #2
RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-10-04 03:10 PM, #3
      RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-10-04 05:42 PM, #4
           RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-11-04 06:35 AM, #5
                RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-11-04 07:24 AM, #6
                     RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-11-04 06:53 PM, #7
                          RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-12-04 07:45 AM, #8
                               RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-04 03:36 PM #9
                                    RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-13-04 02:38 AM, #10
                                         RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 07:22 AM, #11
                                              RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-13-04 07:42 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 08:03 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, JDM MTT, Feb-15-12 01:03 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Feb-16-12 07:54 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-17-12 06:40 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2736 Previous topic | Next topic