Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2200
View in linear mode

Subject: "THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMRoadsterSep-19-04 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3492, "THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE"
In response to In response to 14

Well I took that little part of the cover plate off to look at the tranny from the bottom. I had my little brother turn the crank and when he does, I heard a scraping. I took a closer look at which point the scraping sound is made and noitce that a have a few teeth on my starter plate that has been filed down. This seems to happen every 1/5 of the way around the whole starte plate. Now I don't think you can install that starter plate in the wrong way. The reason why this modular set up didn't come with clutch alignment tool is because you don't need one because of how it's installed (mount clutch assembly on transaxle, then put the tranny on engine, start bolting starter plate to clutch, 1 bolt at a time). I spoke to Jason and he pointed out a thread where some stock clutches had a little cup that goes on the flywheel before you mount that to the starter plate. When I took off my stock clutch to install my CM4, there was no cup that went on the flywheel. Though I installed it differently tha time (bolted clutch modular assembly on starter plate first, then put on the tranny). Now after this conversation it led me to believe, that the cup for the flywheel, might've only came with the stock Luks set up, because my stock clutch, cms4 and this dxd-f one all uses the sachs fly wheel and pp. So I'm gonna take this whole damn thing off again and reinstall the clutch, the non modular way. I'd like to hear some thoughts and comments. Like do I need a new starter plate now?

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise? [View all] , 95greenhrcgs, Feb-09-04 04:17 PM
  RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-09-04 05:03 PM, #1
RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, 95greenhrcgs, Feb-09-04 05:51 PM, #2
      RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-10-04 04:29 AM, #3
           RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, 95greenhrcgs, Feb-10-04 06:51 AM, #4
                RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-10-04 09:13 AM, #5
                     RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, EclipseRST, Feb-10-04 09:22 AM, #6
                          RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, onetrav, Feb-11-04 04:00 PM, #7
                               RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, xtrickedeclipsex, Feb-13-04 07:22 AM, #8
                                    RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, xtrickedeclipsex, Feb-13-04 07:42 AM, #9
RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, xtrickedeclipsex, Feb-13-04 09:43 PM, #10
RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-16-04 04:55 PM, #11
      RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, xtrickedeclipsex, Feb-17-04 03:58 PM, #12
           RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, JWoodley, Feb-18-04 02:23 PM, #13
                RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?, DSMRoadster, Sep-18-04 05:31 PM, #14
                     THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, DSMRoadster, Sep-19-04 10:56 AM #15
                          RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-19-04 10:59 AM, #16
                               RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, DSMRoadster, Sep-19-04 11:20 AM, #17
                                    RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, DSMRoadster, Sep-19-04 08:37 PM, #18
                                         RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, DSMRoadster, Sep-20-04 07:39 AM, #19
                                              RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, cartuners00, Sep-20-04 09:35 AM, #20
                                                   RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, DSMRoadster, Sep-20-04 10:36 AM, #21
                                                        RE: THAT NOISE MAY BE YOUR STARTER PLATE, DSMRoadster, Sep-20-04 05:32 PM, #22
                                                             RE:, Wildflyer897, Sep-29-04 11:02 AM, #23
                                                                  who is using that cup?, DSMRoadster, Oct-01-04 06:03 PM, #24

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2200 Previous topic | Next topic