Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2200
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
95greenhrcgsFeb-09-04 04:17 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2200, "Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"

Well after reading that XtremeRS tracked the horrible screeching that a lot of us suffer from to the throw-out bearing not being seated properly on the shaft in relation to the clutch, I was wondering if anyone has an aftermarket clutch that does not cause the screeching?

What kinda clutches are you running?

I have the ClutchMasters Stage 4 non-modular. Ever since that thing went on it has screeched. I did notice that the fingers on the pressure plate were a little uneven when I first got the clutch. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

HELP!!!

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
TeamXtremeRSFeb-09-04 05:03 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2201, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually, I tracked the neutral "rattle" down to the TOB wobbling on the input shaft. I too had a screeching clutch, it made a horrible noise right at the friction point, right when you loaded up the clutch to move the car. This what you are talking about? I never did find the culprit..ended up with a rebuilt custom clutch(clutch #3 to be exact), and the noise went away

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95greenhrcgsFeb-09-04 05:51 PM
1420 posts,
#2202, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 1

I only have the Neutral rattle. Now why would the TOB not sit properly on the input shaft? Do you think that it could be the fingers on the pressure plate like I posted earlier? I just thought them being uneven was kinda odd.

I think that my TOB may be going bad as well cause it is starting to chirp right at the engagement point. It was new when I installed the motor, so if it is in fact going bad, then something has to be askew.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

TeamXtremeRSFeb-10-04 04:29 AM
6329 posts,
#2205, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 2

You know, I have seen other type of manual transmissions, and most have a solid mounted TOB. Ours is pretty loose, as it's not a tight fit on the input shaft..I do believe the fingers on the pressure plate being uneven causes the TOB to wobble a bit, as this makes sense, because when you put a little pressure on the clutch, the noise goes away. As for the screetching noise, still dont know what it is. Could be the TOB..I had replaced my clutch and the TOB at the same time, so not sure exactly what it was..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

95greenhrcgsFeb-10-04 06:51 AM
1420 posts,
#2207, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 3

What kinda clutch are you running? I think that the next clutch I get will not be from CM. I think that I may try one of the Spec clutches that everyone seems to be talking about.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

TeamXtremeRSFeb-10-04 09:13 AM
6329 posts,
#2209, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm using a custom built clutch. Basically took a modular clutch, drilled out the rivits, had the flywheel and pressure plate resurfaced, and used a 4 puck, ceramic disk, then bolted it together..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

EclipseRSTFeb-10-04 09:22 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#2210, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm using a SPEC stage 3. It doesn't make any noise at all. Then again I probably just can't hear it over my sqeaky belts.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

onetravFeb-11-04 04:00 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
225 posts,
#2216, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 6

PT cruiser clutch here with stock TOB. No problems. VERY mild chatter in neutral.

-Travis

xtrickedeclipsexFeb-13-04 07:22 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#2228, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 7

so waite....alot of people suffer from this chatter in nutural...
i have it baaaadd...one question...when you rev it up and u hear it chatter faster and a little louder?

i have a clutch net rebuilt clutch, i think somone else did to...did i read right that the way to fix this problem is getting a diffrent kind clutch

xtrickedeclipsexFeb-13-04 07:42 AM
620 posts,
#2229, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 8

its the same thing, when i push in my clutch it goes away

xtrickedeclipsexFeb-13-04 09:43 PM
620 posts,
#2232, "RE: Any clutch NOT make that horrible ass noise?"
In response to Reply # 0

anyone..please..what the hell is this stupid clinkclinkclink i hear at idle!?!

lol thanks.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2200 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic