Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #784
View in linear mode

Subject: "Love my new clutch!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TJun-01-03 06:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#784, "Love my new clutch!"

I just wanted to deliver some first hand impressions of my new clutch. Now, I realize I'm only several hundred miles into using it, but thus far, this thing is REALLY nice.

Granted, it only uses a slightly better than stock pressure plate, but coupled with a 6 puck spring ceramic disk, the clutch REALLY grips! I absolutely love it thus far. I've had it on several spirited runs over 15 psi, and the clutch just burns up the tires. It's not a big fan or riding the clutch on slow reverses or during stop and very slow traffic, as it will shudder some. But I've heard all of that is very normal.

In any case, given that this clutch is a fraction of the price for a Clutchmasters Stage 4, and holding the power I want, I can't be any more pleased! Clutch Dynamics is the way to go guys!

Major props to both Matt's for the hookup with this guy! The major message I would send out to everyone about clutch is, there isn't any magic about a particular brand. All there is to clutches is a disc and a pressure plate, with the flywheel being standard. Ceramic is ceramic, and kevlar is fevlar, while organic is organic...don't get pulled into the name game! Get yourself a ceramic pucked disk with a decent pressure plate and go to town!

I'd be curious as to what a Stage 4 CM's pressure plate would do on a plate loader and see what their pressure plate is rated at. (I hear that Spec's Stage 3 pressure plate is only rated about 10% higher than stock.)

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Love my new clutch! [View all] , TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-01-03 06:16 PM
  RE: Love my new clutch!, Matt_95tgs, Jun-01-03 06:56 PM, #1
RE: Love my new clutch!, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-02-03 04:38 AM, #2
      RE: Love my new clutch!, DSMRoadster, Jun-02-03 07:32 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #784 Previous topic | Next topic