Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectLove my new clutch!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=784
784, Love my new clutch!
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just wanted to deliver some first hand impressions of my new clutch. Now, I realize I'm only several hundred miles into using it, but thus far, this thing is REALLY nice.

Granted, it only uses a slightly better than stock pressure plate, but coupled with a 6 puck spring ceramic disk, the clutch REALLY grips! I absolutely love it thus far. I've had it on several spirited runs over 15 psi, and the clutch just burns up the tires. It's not a big fan or riding the clutch on slow reverses or during stop and very slow traffic, as it will shudder some. But I've heard all of that is very normal.

In any case, given that this clutch is a fraction of the price for a Clutchmasters Stage 4, and holding the power I want, I can't be any more pleased! Clutch Dynamics is the way to go guys!

Major props to both Matt's for the hookup with this guy! The major message I would send out to everyone about clutch is, there isn't any magic about a particular brand. All there is to clutches is a disc and a pressure plate, with the flywheel being standard. Ceramic is ceramic, and kevlar is fevlar, while organic is organic...don't get pulled into the name game! Get yourself a ceramic pucked disk with a decent pressure plate and go to town!

I'd be curious as to what a Stage 4 CM's pressure plate would do on a plate loader and see what their pressure plate is rated at. (I hear that Spec's Stage 3 pressure plate is only rated about 10% higher than stock.)
785, RE: Love my new clutch!
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sweet Jason, glad to hear that it's working out well for you. FYI, I'm about to test a prototype true ferramic disk for him, so I'm pretty anxious to see how that performs. I figured that you would be very happy with the clutch. Those guys dont mess around with mediocre crap, they know what they are doing, and they give good honest pricing. Every time I tell them how much I paid for my SPEC Stage 3/Fidanza flywheel combo, they nearly shit themselves ;).
787, RE: Love my new clutch!
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Great Jason! Yeah, i pretty much have the same clutch setup as you do, although i retained the stock pressure plate, and this disk STILL grips hard as hell! Even with my very small oil leak from the main input shaft seal, the clutch hast slipped at all since that one time..You know you got a good clutch if you can get it to grip even with small amounts of oil on it! Dan @ CD is a great guy, and had talked with me for quite some time about my issues. From what i gather from Clutch Masters, their upgraded pressure plates are 50% over stock(Dan has a hard time believing this), so i was contemplating getting one of these, but dont know yet.
795, RE: Love my new clutch!
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have CM stage 4. Not for the faint of heart. Just release the clutch and hold on to the steering wheel.
I generated this page in 0.0071899890899658 seconds, executing 7 queries.