Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4610
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiring a 96+ auto transmission into a 95 RS auto" Previous topic | Next topic
skat3h3llOct-10-09 10:20 PM
Member since Sep 05th 2009
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4610, "Wiring a 96+ auto transmission into a 95 RS auto"

first off this guy did it
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3906&mesg_id=3906&page=

but I am confused still, I am such a visual person.

Now onto my actual question, I hope you guys can help me on this

I have just done an engine swap and this is the last step that is holding me back from getting my car registered! >.>

so I originally bought a 1996 eclipse RS with a 420a and chose to do an engine swap into a 1995 eclipse RS also with a 420a

so to keep things simple during the swap I pulled the engine from the 96 keeping the automatic transmission attached.

after installing the 96 engine into the 95 got it all bolted down and hooked everything back up I only ran into one issue

the transmissions are different, the cables don't directly connect.

now it has been a while since I did this swap so since then I have matched the wires as best I can. so as of now I have the transmission shifting fine with what wires i have figured out how to attach, at least i assume its shifting fine.

(i cut the plug off the 96 harness and attached it to my 95 as best i can)

as you can see in the pictures there are a few more wires on the 96 harness than what is available on the 95 harness

so to describe things best I can, I took some pictures

here is the plug from the 96 tranny

here is the wires coming off that plug

here are the 6 wires i have coming off the 1995 harness

here is an older wiring shot

here is the newest wiring shot

now you may be thinking. why does he care it shifts fine now its done.. wrong!

my backup lights dont work. and i kinda would like those to work. the lights wont engage with reverse.

now I know this has been done at least twice!
I have found quite old posts on this but they never show exactly what they did, Not visually anyway and without pictures or better description i am quite confused

so please I need help with this my dmv fees are already at 250 so I would like this issue solved so I can go in and get my car smogged.
Thanks guys!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Wiring a 96+ auto transmission into a 95 RS auto [View all] , skat3h3ll, Oct-10-09 10:20 PM
  RE: Wiring a 96+ auto transmission into a 95 RS auto, shybuck, Jan-12-10 12:00 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4610 Previous topic | Next topic