Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4046
View in linear mode

Subject: "CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Jim_LeylandApr-10-06 03:25 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2006
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4046, "CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!"

So on saturday i replaced the rear main on a '96 talon auto nt. well the project went fairly smooth until the end! after we had gotten everything put back together i took it for a test drive and noticed the CEL came on. so i got out the handy obd ii reader and i got 2 codes:
Gear 1 Ratio Incorrect
Speed Sensor A Malfunction

my questions are:
How could the gear ratio be off? i didn't touch anything in the tranny. when i took it down it stayed on a jack untill we put it back on the engine?! and second as far as the Speed sensor.. where exactly is it? should be by the driveshafts right? b/c i can't find it or im looking over it but made sure that EVERYTHING was hooked back up like 3-4 times.. so now my car isn't shifting and the spedo isn't working.. yes i checked the tranny fluid in case you were gonna say that! any input would be great b/c im at a loss here and i need the car to be up and running by mid week!! thanks for the help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!! [View all] , Jim_Leyland, Apr-10-06 03:25 AM
  RE: CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!, boosted60trimrst, Apr-12-06 09:50 PM, #1
RE: CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!, InFiNiT3, Apr-20-06 05:06 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4046 Previous topic | Next topic