Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4046
View in linear mode

Subject: "CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Jim_LeylandApr-10-06 03:25 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2006
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4046, "CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!"

So on saturday i replaced the rear main on a '96 talon auto nt. well the project went fairly smooth until the end! after we had gotten everything put back together i took it for a test drive and noticed the CEL came on. so i got out the handy obd ii reader and i got 2 codes:
Gear 1 Ratio Incorrect
Speed Sensor A Malfunction

my questions are:
How could the gear ratio be off? i didn't touch anything in the tranny. when i took it down it stayed on a jack untill we put it back on the engine?! and second as far as the Speed sensor.. where exactly is it? should be by the driveshafts right? b/c i can't find it or im looking over it but made sure that EVERYTHING was hooked back up like 3-4 times.. so now my car isn't shifting and the spedo isn't working.. yes i checked the tranny fluid in case you were gonna say that! any input would be great b/c im at a loss here and i need the car to be up and running by mid week!! thanks for the help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

boosted60trimrstApr-12-06 09:50 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4047, "RE: CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

easy fix . your tcu is in limp mode . change both speed sensors and reset the ecu . both speed sensors are by the tranny cooler lines coming out of the tranny on the front side of it

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

InFiNiT3Apr-20-06 05:06 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#4053, "RE: CEL on got the codes need help fixing problem!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

easy fix . your tcu is in limp mode . change both speed sensors and reset the ecu . both speed sensors are by the tranny cooler lines coming out of the tranny on the front side of it

99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, final drive mod,optima yellow top,hayden 6pass trans cooler , chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . faze oil gauge,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''msr rims,toyo proxies,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,overdrive relocation autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .

http://imageshack.us>

100% correct. btw off topic but im really diggin the cobalt metallic blue bro nice job!

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4046 Previous topic | Next topic