Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1160
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinJun-10-03 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1163, "RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********"
In response to In response to 2

Or you can just add the aux cooler inline. I prefer that method. I let the fluid exit the tranny, then put it through a housing with the temp sensor, then to the stock cooler, then to the aux cooler in my drivers scoop, and finally back to the tranny. The stock cooler will knock a good bit of heat out of the fluid whether you're idling or cruising the interstate. The stocker is a liquid to liquid type that can pull a good bit of heat out (but only down to the coolant temp). The auxiliary can pick up the slack if the stocker can't handle the load. The auxiliary also has the ability to drop the temp below the coolant temp (because it uses ambient air). But the auxiliary is a liquid to air type. It needs a large mass of air passing through it to do any good (so you should be moving). So, I prefer to run both inline. Here's a pic of my routing:

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

**************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside********** [View all] , jsupetran, Jun-10-03 06:44 AM
  RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, Joe B Slow, Jun-10-03 06:50 AM, #1
RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, jsupetran, Jun-10-03 06:54 AM, #2
      RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, ModeratorCorbin, Jun-10-03 07:36 AM #3
           RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, Dirty, Jun-10-03 02:35 PM, #4
                RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, soulcontroller, Jun-10-03 02:41 PM, #5
                     RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, Dirty, Jun-10-03 02:58 PM, #6
                          RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, amljbs, Jun-10-03 03:11 PM, #7
                               RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, soulcontroller, Jun-10-03 07:22 PM, #8
                                    RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, jsupetran, Jun-10-03 08:53 PM, #9
                                         RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, jsupetran, Jun-10-03 09:07 PM, #10
                                              RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, Dirty, Jun-11-03 12:18 PM, #11
                                                   RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, amljbs, Jun-11-03 12:29 PM, #12
                                                        RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, Dirty, Jun-11-03 04:23 PM, #13
                                                             RE: **************TRANNY COOLER RELATED....Pics Inside**********, amljbs, Jun-11-03 06:15 PM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1160 Previous topic | Next topic