Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2727
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: running without a tcu?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinApr-02-04 06:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2731, "RE: running without a tcu?"
In response to In response to 1

I'd be worried about other problems cropping up when you control the solenoids yourself and disconnect the TCU. You could imagine that the stock TCU allows more slip when the fluid is cold, goes into limp mode if a problem is detected, shifts at redline if you forget, pulses the solenoids so they don't burn out, and other random things. The TCU and ECU also talk over a couple different lines. They discuss things like timing retard while shifting and who knows what else. Now, could you remove the TCU, install the controller, remove the AT ECU, and install a MT ECU? Would that let you redline at 7500 (or whatever it is for MT)? There are alot of questions that need answering. Most of it boils down to someone just buying it and testing.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

running without a tcu? [View all] , ajna_star, Apr-01-04 04:36 PM
  RE: running without a tcu?, jsupetran, Apr-01-04 05:07 PM, #1
RE: running without a tcu?, ModeratorCorbin, Apr-02-04 06:09 AM #2
      RE: running without a tcu?, mcgyvr, Apr-02-04 06:38 AM, #3
           RE: running without a tcu?, ajna_star, Apr-02-04 09:07 AM, #4
                RE: running without a tcu?, mcgyvr, Apr-02-04 02:46 PM, #5
                     RE: running without a tcu?, ajna_star, Apr-02-04 05:38 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2727 Previous topic | Next topic