Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #977
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..." Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaApr-18-02 08:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#984, "RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..."
In response to In response to 6

well I'll tell you FF is not so easy to drive. Well they say FF is the easiest to drive and the hardest to master. Cuz it grips really well but because of it's understeer characteristics it can plow into things. Now I'm a firm believe in car tuning and driving skills. Your car will not be fast if you don't drive it fast. Combine skills with proper car tuning and you got one quick car. The key to tackling the corners in a FF is how well you can effectively manage understeer. If you use proper weight tranfer and don't overspeed your 2GNT will take corners fast. Tuning your car for more oversteer helps also, plus tires help a whole lot.

Our cars are pretty heavy I'll admit it, it's not quite as nimble as a civic or integra but it's cornering abilities are decent if driven well. Our chassis are very strong able to effectively handle 200+ HP, you might wanna reinforce the chassis with strut bars though.

As for drag racing, FF is good because you get not so much drivetrain loss. So you loose less power through moving parts. I'm guessing its traction is worse than FR because you shift weight to the rear when you accelerate so it'll lighten the front giving you less traction.

Hehe FFs can drift also if you know how..

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too... [View all] , Qdogg60, Apr-14-02 04:43 PM
  RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., vegasdsmr, Apr-14-02 06:04 PM, #1
RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., SaberKhan, Apr-15-02 08:39 AM, #2
      RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., ModeratorVX100, Apr-16-02 12:18 AM, #3
           RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., Qdogg60, Apr-16-02 08:08 AM, #4
                RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., bigbrent88, Apr-16-02 10:03 AM, #5
                     RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., Qdogg60, Apr-17-02 09:52 AM, #6
                          RE: FF, FR, AWD, I want to race too..., HadesOmega, Apr-18-02 08:12 PM #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #977 Previous topic | Next topic