Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6067
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Put the daily on the track, lol." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmJul-17-09 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6072, "RE: Put the daily on the track, lol."
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by cs82685
so when are you going to get some real times in?

Its killing me right now. I STILL cannot find the problem with the NA. Its in the fuel, but its breaking my balls. As for the turbo, I can't get to the dyno until the 1st of August. And who knows what can happen on the dyno. I swear to god, if I have to, I will bring my daily to the Shoot Out just to run something, lol.

Originally posted by cs82685And better yet, when are you going to be able to get down to Island. I'd like to go to the track but going with another 2gnt'er who actually knows wtf they're doing would be nice.

I'd love to but again, same problem of having a car ready. Oh well, sometimes the racing gods just say not right now.

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
So pretty much if I learn how to launch my car I could be doing a whole lot better on the track.
If you had just two things to work on at the track, they would be launch and speed shift (no lift shifting). The importance of the launch is obvious. I've got mine down so much, that I pretty much feel like I am dumping the clutch (though I know I'm not). Its a slight slip to start her moving then a hard dump. RPM points on the launch will change with set-ups etc.

As for speed shifting, you'd be amazed at how much time you can shave. A buddy of mine (who is working records with the stock 14b) fought me on speed shifting for the longest time. Finally got him to speed shift and he dropped his time down from 11.75 to 11.59. That's a huge number in just a shift change.

Best way to learn is to do it with the car off and just sit there and practice shifting while keeping your foot fully on the gas (I actually start to move my shifter before I fully disengage my clutch. Its one fluid, quick-snap motion). Practice on the 1-2 or the 3-4. When you feel comfortable, try doing it at 3-4k. Believe it or not, if done properly, it will not hurt your tranny. I have yet to (knocks on wood) burn a synchro or a gear set on my trannys.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Put the daily on the track, lol. [View all] , Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-11-09 02:13 PM
  RE: Put the daily on the track, lol., Moderatorteklein, Jul-11-09 04:37 PM, #1
RE: Put the daily on the track, lol., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-13-09 04:07 AM, #2
      RE: Put the daily on the track, lol., Moderatorcs82685, Jul-17-09 09:24 AM, #3
           RE: Put the daily on the track, lol., 740 turbo brick, Jul-17-09 12:16 PM, #4
           RE: Put the daily on the track, lol., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-17-09 06:35 PM #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6067 Previous topic | Next topic