Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1745
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSAug-26-02 03:45 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1760, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to In response to 13

>Im in the same boat as you are Matt. I got REALLY
>restrictive exhaust since I only got mufflers and the piping
>spliting off to the 2nd exhaust is only like 2". I also got
>a boost problem w/ my crappy Joe P MBC. I was hitting 10
>psi until I got to track when I hit 8psi. It better that it
>went down but I want it to stat consistent so it dont spike.
> I need some custom dual 3" piping. Lucky your clutch is
>holding up. Dave_FL's did for a long time until he went
>Stage 3 so hopefuly yours will last that long also.
> -Dave

Yeah, i have a 2.5" resonator from the gutted cat back, then from the resonator, i have 3" press bent piping to the Borla 3" inlet SS muffler. What the prob was, was that the dipshit who put the muffler on did a realllyyy crappy job of it. I have an offset inlet on the muffler, and he put the offset to the OUTSIDE, not the inside, and this resulted in a real shitty "S" bend right at the muffler inlet. He pressed the piping right at the middle of the "S" and it was very restrictive...so i took it to a good ass muffler shop and they fixed it up good, with nice striaight piping going over my axle support and now it flows sooooo much better..i noticed a big power gain right off the bat then...Hallman sent a new boost controller, and it holds boost much better, now it only drops to about 7 psi instead of 6, but an electronic one will take care of that...Another track session will be coming up hopefully in a week or two..stay tuned, as my times WILL go down this time..at least it better I"m takin out my sub and pass seat, and run with 1/8 tank of gas, and lower my tire pressure..I want low 14's !!!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve [View all] , TeamXtremeRS, Aug-19-02 11:33 AM
  RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, ModeratorVX100, Aug-20-02 12:22 AM, #1
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Strauss, Aug-20-02 02:10 AM, #2
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-20-02 06:36 AM, #3
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-20-02 10:16 AM, #4
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dave_FL, Aug-20-02 01:07 PM, #5
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-22-02 02:03 PM, #6
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, 98Talon, Aug-23-02 02:58 AM, #7
      RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Twiste, Aug-23-02 07:52 AM, #8
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-25-02 06:38 AM, #9
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-25-02 07:56 AM, #10
      RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dualgen2, Aug-25-02 01:34 PM, #11
           RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-25-02 02:01 PM, #12
                RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dualgen2, Aug-26-02 02:19 AM, #13
                     RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, 98Talon, Aug-26-02 02:40 AM, #14
                     RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-26-02 03:45 AM #15
                          RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dualgen2, Aug-26-02 03:00 PM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1745 Previous topic | Next topic