Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1745
View in linear mode

Subject: "How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSAug-19-02 11:33 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1745, "How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"

Reaction : .792
60ft: 2.491
330ft: 6.680
1/8 ET; 10.091
1/8 mph: 72.69
1000ET: 12.992
1000mph: 84.86
1/4ET: 15.434
1/4 mph: 92.8

Now isnt my 1/4 mph good for mid 14's?? Can some of you drag strip guys break down my times here and explain what was going on in the run. Obviously, my reaction time needs to improve(it was a pro light tree btw), 60ft times too... Anyone??

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, ModeratorVX100, Aug-20-02 12:22 AM, #1
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Strauss, Aug-20-02 02:10 AM, #2
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-20-02 06:36 AM, #3
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-20-02 10:16 AM, #4
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dave_FL, Aug-20-02 01:07 PM, #5
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-22-02 02:03 PM, #6
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, 98Talon, Aug-23-02 02:58 AM, #7
      RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Twiste, Aug-23-02 07:52 AM, #8
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-25-02 06:38 AM, #9
RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-25-02 07:56 AM, #10
      RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dualgen2, Aug-25-02 01:34 PM, #11
           RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-25-02 02:01 PM, #12
                RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dualgen2, Aug-26-02 02:19 AM, #13
                     RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, 98Talon, Aug-26-02 02:40 AM, #14
                     RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-26-02 03:45 AM, #15
                          RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve, Dualgen2, Aug-26-02 03:00 PM, #16

ModeratorVX100Aug-20-02 12:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1746, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 0

Basically, you already said what you need to work on, the launch. Get that 60' down from high 2.4s and your 1/4 mile times will drop as well. Just try to keep the wheelspin down at the launch.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraussAug-20-02 02:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#1747, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 1

What ^^ he said Definitly a 14sec car with a better launch, practice makes perfect!!

TeamMichael_97RSAug-20-02 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1748, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 0

Ditto. Your 60' is higher than us NA folk. Get that launch down and you'll be pulling like a mad man.

Una salus victus.
He will triumph, who knows when to fight, and when not to fight. - Sun Tzu

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All motor in the making.

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730, Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamXtremeRSAug-20-02 10:16 AM
6329 posts,
#1749, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks guys. What about my reaction time? I have seen some people's slips with .2xx time on them, but i thought .500 was a perfect launch? OR is that different with diff light trees? I launched off of a pro tree i believe..Also, what is a really good 60ft time? I have heard 2.0 sec is damn good...

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Dave_FLAug-20-02 01:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#1750, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 4

Reaction time doesnt affect your ET. It only matters when bracket racing. A 92mph run is good for atleast 15 flat. Let some air out of your tires and you should pul some better 60's. I get around low 2.3's and high 2.2's.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

TeamXtremeRSAug-22-02 02:03 PM
6329 posts,
#1751, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey thanks for the advise guys. So what is a good tire pressure to run with my Toyo's?? I believe now they are around 32-35 psi all around..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

98TalonAug-23-02 02:58 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#1752, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey, I ran a 10.0 in the 1/8th when I was bone stock (all I have now is an intake), I wonder if I could run a 15.4???

adam

1990 Eclipse GS-T

TwisteAug-23-02 07:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#1753, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 7

probably not adam...he is turbo so he accelerates a lot faster than you do. You might get really close though...maybe 16 or 15.9 but you have to be a damn good driver.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

TeamXtremeRSAug-25-02 06:38 AM
6329 posts,
#1754, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 0

So does anyone know what a good tire pressure to run up front is?

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-25-02 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#1755, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 9

i run around 20psi in the front and 45 in the back

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

Dualgen2Aug-25-02 01:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#1756, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 10

Matt... if u got the $ get a clutch if u dont already have one. One my first run ever I bogged like crazy w/ my stock clutch and still pulled a 2.3 60ft. Hoping to get some 2.2's once I get my clutch in the next couple weeks. I managed a 15.1 on that run w/ a 93 mph trap speed. How is your clutch holding up? I bet we could both pull mid 14's w/ a clutch. Good luck.
Adam (98Talon) how did u get a 10.0 bone stock in 1/8th. Thats good for mid or high 15's easy. When I ran friends NT w/ cold air and shitty pacesetter catback I ran a 16.3 w/ a 10.5 1/8 mile. Also when I ran my car, which is turbo, I ran a 15.1 w/ a 9.9 1/8 mile. Weird
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

TeamXtremeRSAug-25-02 02:01 PM
6329 posts,
#1757, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 11

Actually my stock clutch is holding up damn good, no slipping at all. And when it bogs, it bogs good It just seemed like i either bogged it really good, or launched it too hard...well practice does make perfect..And i was having some good problems with my turbo, and boost pressure, BOV, and a major exaust restriction as well, ALL at the same time at the track. Since then i have fixed all of those probs, and the car pulls muuuchh better now. All i have to do is get the 315's injects in, tune it, and hopefully will have a Greddy Profec B boost controller in to get rid of that damn boost creep/ fade i am still having to an extent..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Dualgen2Aug-26-02 02:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#1758, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 12

Im in the same boat as you are Matt. I got REALLY restrictive exhaust since I only got mufflers and the piping spliting off to the 2nd exhaust is only like 2". I also got a boost problem w/ my crappy Joe P MBC. I was hitting 10 psi until I got to track when I hit 8psi. It better that it went down but I want it to stat consistent so it dont spike. I need some custom dual 3" piping. Lucky your clutch is holding up. Dave_FL's did for a long time until he went Stage 3 so hopefuly yours will last that long also.
-Dave

98TalonAug-26-02 02:40 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#1759, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 13

my car is a bit faster than most stock NT's. I recently put on a short ram intake and it picked it up... a lot. My car felt choked at top end before, and now it just screams, I can bark third easily now, and I actually have to do a lift throttle shift to second because I have traction issues. I dunno what's going on with my car, but with 99,xxx miles on it, it is running STRONG. I'm going to run the vin numbers on it and see if that is the motor that came in the car or not. Where do I find the vin numbers on the motor?

Adam

1990 Eclipse GS-T

TeamXtremeRSAug-26-02 03:45 AM
6329 posts,
#1760, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 13

>Im in the same boat as you are Matt. I got REALLY
>restrictive exhaust since I only got mufflers and the piping
>spliting off to the 2nd exhaust is only like 2". I also got
>a boost problem w/ my crappy Joe P MBC. I was hitting 10
>psi until I got to track when I hit 8psi. It better that it
>went down but I want it to stat consistent so it dont spike.
> I need some custom dual 3" piping. Lucky your clutch is
>holding up. Dave_FL's did for a long time until he went
>Stage 3 so hopefuly yours will last that long also.
> -Dave

Yeah, i have a 2.5" resonator from the gutted cat back, then from the resonator, i have 3" press bent piping to the Borla 3" inlet SS muffler. What the prob was, was that the dipshit who put the muffler on did a realllyyy crappy job of it. I have an offset inlet on the muffler, and he put the offset to the OUTSIDE, not the inside, and this resulted in a real shitty "S" bend right at the muffler inlet. He pressed the piping right at the middle of the "S" and it was very restrictive...so i took it to a good ass muffler shop and they fixed it up good, with nice striaight piping going over my axle support and now it flows sooooo much better..i noticed a big power gain right off the bat then...Hallman sent a new boost controller, and it holds boost much better, now it only drops to about 7 psi instead of 6, but an electronic one will take care of that...Another track session will be coming up hopefully in a week or two..stay tuned, as my times WILL go down this time..at least it better I"m takin out my sub and pass seat, and run with 1/8 tank of gas, and lower my tire pressure..I want low 14's !!!

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Dualgen2Aug-26-02 03:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#1761, "RE: How about my timeslip..can i get a good opinion on what i ran/ need to improve"
In response to Reply # 15

Good luck next time u go to track and keep us posted w/ times. I also ran car w/ full tank of gas. Man nothing was going right for me that day.
-Dave

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1745 Previous topic | Next topic